HiveloCity - 7 Month Review

Hey guys,

I just cancled my box at HVC, sadly, I am not happy to be honest, but the reason for doing so was that the box wasn't needed anymore.

Here's my review about HVC, and the great 7 Months I've had with them, I've never had any experience like that, ever!

Network: 10/10
    I've only had 1 network outrage, and that one was planed, and didn't last more than 15 minutes!!!
    I've always had a superb speed, uptime and latency has been great for my servers, MMO Servers ain't quite so sensitive as FPS games (CSS etc), but ping will be noticed.

Network has been awesome!

Support: 9.5/10
    Support, cannot say much about that, but the tickets I had, were answered rather fast, thought, the Sales ticket took a bit time.
    Nothing more to say about that part, I am simply amazed.

I dunno what I shall say more, I am at tears, I really wish I could have enjoyed several other months with HVC!

Steve, Drew, and everyone else, I'll be back!

It is great to see such good reviews about companies. I do know they everyone at HVC works hard to make the customers happy.

Yea, I had nothing but superb experience with them, I am not glad at all, that I had to leave them.

But there is no point in having a server that ain't in use at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    Yea, I had nothing but superb experience with them, I am not glad at all, that I had to leave them.

But there is no point in having a server that ain't in use at all...
    Sorry to see you go be sure to give us a ring , if there is anything else we can for you. FYI we are doubling our network capacity and adding a slew of new providers in the next few weeks.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

I'm with them for half a year I think and it's all like you say. Best of all for me it's the live chat they offer even for tech things.
    honesting.es honest european provider

I've had good and bad experiences from them.

Bad:
    --

They gave a unknown person access to one of my boxes by turning off my firewall, resetting the root password. The CEO did get involved and gave me a 'free month' for my trouble.

Good:
    --
    The network is pretty good, it's only been completely down twice from what I can recall.
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Thumbs up We are always striving for excellence

Quote Originally Posted by pueblosnet View Post
    I'm with them for half a year I think and it's all like you say. Best of all for me it's the live chat they offer even for tech things.
    We appreciate your kind words , we strive to have sales and support available via live chat 24/7/365 , the only department that works 9-5 Monday through Friday is billing
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by EditDNS-Tyler View Post
    I've had good and bad experiences from them.

Bad:
    --

They gave a unknown person access to one of my boxes by turning off my firewall, resetting the root password. The CEO did get involved and gave me a 'free month' for my trouble.

Good:
    --
    The network is pretty good, it's only been completely down twice from what I can recall.

I am sorry you had an issue, please keep me informed if anything else like that comes up , we have implemented much better security when giving access to servers, via new policies for techs, and their verification methods
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    Sorry to see you go be sure to give us a ring , if there is anything else we can for you. FYI we are doubling our network capacity and adding a slew of new providers in the next few weeks.
    Thanks, I'll keep in touch

I just got the newsletter, hehe, it's my review that got added to it

One thing I forgot to mention, Steve is always open for a talk, even if it has nothing to do with HVC, that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn-Erik Hansen View Post
    I just got the newsletter, hehe, it's my review that got added to it

One thing I forgot to mention, Steve is always open for a talk, even if it has nothing to do with HVC, that's a plus.

Steve is certainly a huge asset to our company.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

Yes, hivelocity is great.
    I'm with they 4 months now, and i never had any problem..
    those stupids issues has been resolved in a minut..

I would like to recommend Hivelocity as your next dedicated server provider.

<<Signature to be set up in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 04-21-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    Steve is certainly a huge asset to our company.
    Hey, what about me!? Kidding, but this is one of the reasons I love my job, thanks everyone.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

Quote Originally Posted by Hivelocity Q&A View Post
    Hey, what about me!? Kidding, but this is one of the reasons I love my job, thanks everyone.
    You are just a little boy saying "Look at me look at me here i am!!! look mom!!!!"

lol...

nope, seriously, you are one of the best sellers i ever knew i think it's because you didn't discard me when i said "Hello, i'm from argentina" ...

Let's do some bussines ¡people need disccounts!

---
    steve is a good boy, he do a perfect job ..THE TEAM is good.
    Last edited by Arsenico; 04-20-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenico View Post
    You are just a little boy saying "Look at me look at me here i am!!! look mom!!!!"

lol...

nope, seriously, you are one of the best sellers i ever knew i think it's because you didn't discard me when i said "Hello, i'm from argentina" ...

Let's do some bussines ¡people need disccounts!

---
    steve is a good boy, he do a perfect job ..THE TEAM is good.

Thanks again for the kind remarks all we try very hard to please each and every one of you , this is a very difficult task at times. Keep your eyes open to the new improvements to be announced later in the week.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

Hi, my name is Leandro Fernandes and i'm brazilian.
    First, sorry for my bad english.

I want to post a review about the sales manager. Here we go!

The hivelocity is one of the best companies that I have seen. Really, they are perfect! Was there where I met the Dave. He is the best sellers i ever knew. I have direct contact with him, is a relationship of trust. Believe, i love him!

Regards,
    Leandro Fernandes

Quote Originally Posted by xxmatagbxx View Post
    Hi, my name is Leandro Fernandes and i'm brazilian.
    First, sorry for my bad english.

I want to post a review about the sales manager. Here we go!

The hivelocity is one of the best companies that I have seen. Really, they are perfect! Was there where I met the Dave. He is the best sellers i ever knew. I have direct contact with him, is a relationship of trust. Believe, i love him!

Regards,
    Leandro Fernandes
    Thanks again for your kind words both those guys are assets to the company. They truly are the face of HVC.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

On my third year with HiVelocity and I am very pleased with them. I originally signed up if I remember correctly due to a special they were running here at WHT.

Service and support are great. My salesperson, Drew, has been fantastic working with my various needs. He always seems like he remembers me and what we have done in the past and what he can do for me now. I know they have thousands of customers but they have a way of making you feel like they are there working just for you. The 24/7 live chat support has been invaluable. I understand that phone support can be expensive as hell to maintain but their chat support is just as good as anyone's "live phone support".

Some notable situations:
    -Upgraded my server and the SCSI card had some unforseen issues with the new mainboard. After not having any luck with their cards in stock so rather than wait until the next morning for an overnighted part they sent a tech out to a local CompUSA or something to get a SCSI card that would work to limit my downtime.
    -My 36GB SCSI drive started failing. None in stock. Upgraded me to a 146GB SCSI for no additional charge to get the server up and running quickly. Was able to mount that 36GB drive and pull the data, nothing lost.
    -I have a busy forum active pretty much all the time so I don't like to power down without first turning the forum off and risking DB issues. There have been several times with hardware upgrades where I may ask them to not start the work until a certain time. They always have hit the mark. For instance, adding a new hard drive. I asked them to start the work at 2AM EST. I turn off my board 5 min. before hand and by 2:10AM they power down and do the work. This means I only had to have my forum off for less than an hour rather than them telling me "we can get to it sometime tomorrow".

They, especially Drew, have just gone above and beyond to make me happy and stick with them. And I just have one single server with them. They make me feel like my business, one measly server, is just as important to them as someone with a 100 server account. To me that says a lot.

Sorry I got a little long winded but I an just that happy with these guys.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by -Chef- View Post
    On my third year with HiVelocity and I am very pleased with them. I originally signed up if I remember correctly due to a special they were running here at WHT.

Service and support are great. My salesperson, Drew, has been fantastic working with my various needs. He always seems like he remembers me and what we have done in the past and what he can do for me now. I know they have thousands of customers but they have a way of making you feel like they are there working just for you. The 24/7 live chat support has been invaluable. I understand that phone support can be expensive as hell to maintain but their chat support is just as good as anyone's "live phone support".

Some notable situations:
    -Upgraded my server and the SCSI card had some unforseen issues with the new mainboard. After not having any luck with their cards in stock so rather than wait until the next morning for an overnighted part they sent a tech out to a local CompUSA or something to get a SCSI card that would work to limit my downtime.
    -My 36GB SCSI drive started failing. None in stock. Upgraded me to a 146GB SCSI for no additional charge to get the server up and running quickly. Was able to mount that 36GB drive and pull the data, nothing lost.
    -I have a busy forum active pretty much all the time so I don't like to power down without first turning the forum off and risking DB issues. There have been several times with hardware upgrades where I may ask them to not start the work until a certain time. They always have hit the mark. For instance, adding a new hard drive. I asked them to start the work at 2AM EST. I turn off my board 5 min. before hand and by 2:10AM they power down and do the work. This means I only had to have my forum off for less than an hour rather than them telling me "we can get to it sometime tomorrow".

They, especially Drew, have just gone above and beyond to make me happy and stick with them. And I just have one single server with them. They make me feel like my business, one measly server, is just as important to them as someone with a 100 server account. To me that says a lot.

Sorry I got a little long winded but I an just that happy with these guys.
    I am so glad to hear all of our clients giving kudos directly to individual employees that stepped up to take care of them , I believe that shows our commitment to excellence and to treat all clients equally, that is the true definition if "Impressive Support" , and that is why we call it that.

Just as a little update for all our clients , we are just weeks away from doubling our network capacity and adding a ton of new carriers to our Mix , that should provide for a better connection to our network , you should all see an announcement email in a couple days once the ink dries.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

I'm kind of tied up right now - but if you do a search in the outages section - you'll see how I ended up in a mess and how HL got me out of it (by working around the clock) and not giving up even when I had almost put my bags down and was going to give up! Steve, Dave and the rest of the team have been tremendous in their quality support to get us back online after literraly 2 days of downtime (from major issues)...I think HL has done what most providers dont do - accept responsibility and make sure they dont let the client go without doing the best they can - in my case they had us and our clients back online ! I havent seen this at LT (I've spent a year with LT in the past) , and havent seen even the guys at Softlayer show so much consideration to client - I've been with tons of providers in the past - HL really gives me hope!

We have been with HVC since 2003 and there is a reason...quality. I personally made the decision for our company to make the move to HVC and the rest of our group has thanked me for it ever since. We rarely have any issues and those that do arise are handled quickly and professionally. Thanks HVC for 5 great years!

Quote Originally Posted by fremont View Post
    I'm kind of tied up right now - but if you do a search in the outages section - you'll see how I ended up in a mess and how HL got me out of it (by working around the clock) and not giving up even when I had almost put my bags down and was going to give up! Steve, Dave and the rest of the team have been tremendous in their quality support to get us back online after literraly 2 days of downtime (from major issues)...I think HL has done what most providers dont do - accept responsibility and make sure they dont let the client go without doing the best they can - in my case they had us and our clients back online ! I havent seen this at LT (I've spent a year with LT in the past) , and havent seen even the guys at Softlayer show so much consideration to client - I've been with tons of providers in the past - HL really gives me hope!
    Glad it all worked out for you, we did the best we could with what we were given to work with.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

When i was hosted with hivelocity i found there support slow and that the server was constantly down. I personally do not rate them. The only good thing was the prices

Quote Originally Posted by dothisthing View Post
    We have been with HVC since 2003 and there is a reason...quality. I personally made the decision for our company to make the move to HVC and the rest of our group has thanked me for it ever since. We rarely have any issues and those that do arise are handled quickly and professionally. Thanks HVC for 5 great years!

Thanks for your continued business.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

Quote Originally Posted by sambates View Post
    When i was hosted with hivelocity i found there support slow and that the server was constantly down. I personally do not rate them. The only good thing was the prices
    Please contact PM me personally , I would like to know more about your experience so we can improve for the next client , that doesn't feel satisfied.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

When i was hosted with hivelocity...
    Be prepared to provide a domain name when the mods ask. It always looks fishy when someone with a low post count makes unsubstantiated claims, especially against a host like HiVelocity who has a great reputation here for support and service.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Quote Originally Posted by uberhostNET View Post
    Be prepared to provide a domain name when the mods ask. It always looks fishy when someone with a low post count makes unsubstantiated claims, especially against a host like HiVelocity who has a great reputation here for support and service.
    Thanks for sticking up for us , but We are not perfect and don't make every client happy , this is a forum for folks to tell us how they really feel , I would love to look over the records to see just where we wen't wrong
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

Thumbs Up to Hivelocity

I've been with Hivelocity for quite some time and have had a great experience working with them. I host many of my clients with them and trying to get more to switch.

Any issues I have are taken care of quickly by my rep or through their online support.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by d_rapp View Post
    I've been with Hivelocity for quite some time and have had a great experience working with them. I host many of my clients with them and trying to get more to switch.

Any issues I have are taken care of quickly by my rep or through their online support.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks again for the kind words should the need arise feel free to contact me directly.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

I have only been with HiVelocity a few months and I have not had any issues, actually I have had the complete oposite with their support. I even had responses back at 3am EST I THINK THEY ARE AWESOME.