Thumbs down Auroralink Hosting Terrible (Help Needed)

I used these people to host my site, because a friend said they were good. They won't return my calls nor give me support. By that I mean no email support, phone, nothing.. They set up the sql database wrong. They won't give me permession to edit my own database. To sum this up don't use them and If you can help me find a new host that will offer phone support and php/mysql. The phone support I can deal with out. But I need php/mysql.

Server Specs Now:
    Cobalt
    2 Gigs Storage
    30 Gigs of tranfer per month
    PHP/MYSql

I would not recomend them. Do not do bussines with them.

http://www.auroralink.net/ <- (That's there site)

I love what it says....
    North America's highest ranking access and hosting provider!

Right... the crappy job of cutting out and pasting the server from blacklotus.com on to their page should have been enough to scare you off. Any company that can't take the time to look professional won't provide a professional service IMHO.

<edit>blacklotus, shells.ca, and auroralink are all the same company..</edit>

Originally posted by DrChaos
    I love what it says....
    North America's highest ranking access and hosting provider!

I know I was just laughing about that.

im so sorry about your exp.

thank you for keeping us posted (this will def. help others if they come here for help).
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

LOL, they aren't americas most highest ranked provider! I call bull****

Originally posted by combs
    LOL, they aren't americas most highest ranked provider! I call bull****
    They don't return calls and they don't pick up there phones anymore... I can sense a scam... Hmmm Smells like a scam... It must be a scam....

Do not deal with them.

Well.. welcome to the web hosting world... obviously, this is what makes clients picky in their selections of a web hosts. For any web host out there, just remember: a big market is in webmasters with bad expierience. Offer and present good support on your site and you'll show a good impression.
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

alphaomegahosting.com

I found a new server. they are an awesome group of people. Thank you guys so much. There is no BS with them. Upfront and there tech support is out of this world.

Yet another crappy host out there to fool ppl around

It seems that some facts have been misrepresented here, or at least overlooked. AuroraLink is a holding of BLCC of Delaware. Allow me to clarify a few things:

- Tiedyetoga's account was a special package (and sold much cheaper than our advertised pricing, the term "dirt cheap" comes to mind) put together for him as a favor to an ex-client of ours (its great to see how favors are returned). Our information security policies prevent me from going into any further detail.

- My AIM login is for my personal use. While I am happy to provide support to any person that happens to catch me sitting around in my PJ's, it is not an officially supported medium of service and I do not feel we should take heat because I decide to leave my home for a couple days. The only attempt to contact us by e-mail was VERY shortly before receiving

- We do not publicly offer MySQL in the first place, it was given to him as a beta test. It is infact functional, however, he was still coming up the learning curve on setting up the HTML side of things and had barely mentioned the MySQL at this point. We setup a login on our in-house SQL control panel, however, no access attempts had been made. And yes, full access had been given to the database. I even went as far as to show him the syntax used to add the database and its respective login and asked if he would like anything changed.

-"North America's highest ranking access and hosting provider!" I don't come up with the slogans, don't ask . I will say this though: A professional review has not been written on AuroraLink ranking us less than an "A-," at least not that has been brought to my attention.

-"crappy job of cutting out and pasting." Again, I don't know, I am not in charge of the web design but I am sorry that the site does not meet your standards. Maintaining our network is a bigger concern at this point. I'll give you a case example, a company in Arizona known as ACES once hosted irc.blackened.com, at one point the largest and most stable IRC server in existance, however, the ACES web site was quite unslightly.

Jeffrey Lyon, Operations Manager
    [email protected]
    http://www.blccd.com
    Black Lotus Communications Corporation

P.S. I do encourage anyone that it concerns (or is interested) to take a look at that AuroraLink AUP (http://www.auroralink.net/aup.html) in regards to our refunds/collections procedures.

If you don't know what your page looks like, I suggest you take a deeper interest in your company.....or maybe a designer who can do the job properly.... first impressions are important, regardless of how you may feel about your A- rating...and I did a search by the way,
    Shell News doesn't give letter ratings.....
    Shell Reviews hasn't given anyone a poor review....
    Egg Help just lists you with all other shell providers....
    and those are the top 3 links....

I don't mean to seem in your face, but what professional reviews are you talking about?