Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    49

    review of volumedrive.com

    volumedrive.com 's setup speed is slowly!

    2008-4-11 19:34 , I payed for a Dedicated Server .
    Until now(2008-4-19 12:33) , the server is unuseable.
    too slow!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Have you contacted their support for more information on why it has not been setup yet?
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In canada
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by 13407 View Post
    volumedrive.com 's setup speed is slowly!

    2008-4-11 19:34 , I payed for a Dedicated Server .
    Until now(2008-4-19 12:33) , the server is unuseable.
    too slow!!!!!!
    Yes it does take them a while to setup server, plus note they are also moving to their own DC so that could be reason for delay.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,078
    It takes Volumedrive a while because they have to order everything in as generally they sell servers so quick they go out of stock quickly. Also there moving to their new DC as Energizer Bunny said.

  5. #5
    I am sure if you email Josh (not in a rude manner) he will give you an honest status update. Josh and I talk on a casual basis and hes always working hard to make VolumeDrive a better company all around.
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    49
    Because my poor English , so I didnot write the reasen of the delay.

    I paste the email.

    2008-4-11 22:37
    He said: It will take about 2 - 3 business days.


    2008-4-16 12:17
    After I ask the state of the server. I receive below:
    we had a delay in our dedicated Celeron shipments. We will aim for a Friday evening setup,


    2008-4-19 12:33 ( GMT+8 )
    I send a email to [email protected] ask the state of the server.
    Donnot receive any response!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 13407 View Post
    volumedrive.com 's setup speed is slowly!

    2008-4-11 19:34 , I payed for a Dedicated Server .
    Until now(2008-4-19 12:33) , the server is unuseable.
    too slow!!!!!!
    Instead of wasting your time here, email info[at]volumedrive.com
    I hope this goes well with you, as Josh / Jeff as one of the most committed team out there

  8. #8
    What is VolumeDrive's new DC? (and where were they hosted earlier?)

  9. #9
    Last edited by volumix; 04-19-2008 at 06:11 AM.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,078
    Now thats what I call service. You have been given a much better chip

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by 13407 View Post
    volumedrive.com 's setup speed is slowly!

    2008-4-11 19:34 , I payed for a Dedicated Server .
    Until now(2008-4-19 12:33) , the server is unuseable.
    too slow!!!!!!
    The same here. It is extremely slow at this moment. After 3 days, my request (adding more RAM on my server) has not done yet. I tried to contact him but still have not responded yet. I think he is working on it and just hope it will work fine.
    Last edited by manindarkjp; 04-19-2008 at 08:38 AM.

  12. #12
    Well, the OP did get a better server for the same price.. so I wouldn't complain if I were him/her

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Well, the OP did get a better server for the same price.. so I wouldn't complain if I were him/her
    However, the quality is much more important than quantity. You get top level machine, but you can not connect to network, slow or often down will be equals Zero.

  14. #14
    Server is slow if you're currently at the Burst DC. Trust me - I know because my server is super slow. But Josh assures me everything will be fine once they move to their new DC across the street (my server is supposed to be moved next week).

    As for the setup, they usually have delays because they're ordering parts & awaiting shipment - took me an extra 2-3 days than estimated time as well.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMethod View Post
    Server is slow if you're currently at the Burst DC. Trust me - I know because my server is super slow. But Josh assures me everything will be fine once they move to their new DC across the street (my server is supposed to be moved next week).

    As for the setup, they usually have delays because they're ordering parts & awaiting shipment - took me an extra 2-3 days than estimated time as well.
    I think my server is not at Burst DC. Josh said that my server is at his own DC. My server is slow and down the whole day. My members are shouting at me and their support seem do not know how to fix. I got their last response an hour ago, but there isn't any change since then. I am really disappointed.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by manindarkjp View Post
    I think my server is not at Burst DC. Josh said that my server is at his own DC. My server is slow and down the whole day. My members are shouting at me and their support seem do not know how to fix. I got their last response an hour ago, but there isn't any change since then. I am really disappointed.

    What is the IP of your new server?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMethod View Post
    What is the IP of your new server?
    66.197.149.190.

    From my end, I got very bad ping result. Please the picture below.

    http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4...r192307hm6.jpg

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by manindarkjp View Post
    66.197.149.190.

    From my end, I got very bad ping result. Please the picture below.

    http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4...r192307hm6.jpg
    I'm pinging that server and I get various results: First time ping - average 54ms, Second time ping - request timed out, third time ping - average 98ms, fourth time ping - 144ms/105ms (average 124ms) 2 timeout/2 lost.

    I hope this isn't their new datacenter, the results aren't too encouraging...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMethod View Post
    I'm pinging that server and I get various results: First time ping - average 54ms, Second time ping - request timed out, third time ping - average 98ms, fourth time ping - 144ms/105ms (average 124ms) 2 timeout/2 lost.

    I hope this isn't their new datacenter, the results aren't too encouraging...
    What is your IP?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Haggis Land, Scotland
    Posts
    415
    I see volumedrive charge a Paypal service fee, i dont think thats permitted in Paypal's TOS.

    *reported*
    IT Support - Business Hosting & VOIP Solutions Scotland

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cardiff - United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,568
    Nope, it's not permitted at all. Although quite a lot of people do it (myself included).
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NY & PA
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMethod View Post
    Server is slow if you're currently at the Burst DC. Trust me - I know because my server is super slow. But Josh assures me everything will be fine once they move to their new DC across the street (my server is supposed to be moved next week).

    As for the setup, they usually have delays because they're ordering parts & awaiting shipment - took me an extra 2-3 days than estimated time as well.
    What " across the street "

    There DC is not across the street (there home's there), the fact is they don't own there own DC, they sublet space from Burstnet (own room, access door, ect..) The building is still owned BY burstnet.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    What " across the street "

    There DC is not across the street (there home's there), the fact is they don't own there own DC, they sublet space from Burstnet (own room, access door, ect..) The building is still owned BY burstnet.
    According to Josh though - he said they are making their new DC which they will own themselves with network & everything re-engineered from the ground up.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NY & PA
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMethod View Post
    According to Josh though - he said they are making their new DC which they will own themselves with network & everything re-engineered from the ground up.
    Again.

    Here what I know about this being a client in the same DC.

    1. Burstnet own's the building
    2. Volumedrive leases space ( a large area in DC & very nice space )
    3. Volumedrive lease area has it's own access, ect
    4. Burst personnel has no access to that area even though there a door from DC to there side "alarmed" This looks like emergency door only.

    So the final thing I can say is they don't really own there own true DC.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    I really do not care where the DC is, his own or Burstnet or somewhere else. I just care how my server is. By "the way, my server is still slow , Josh is not in his office and their staff still ask me: Let us know if this is still a problem for you" many times and they said that they are still working on my issue. (10 hours ago and even now). They did not explain for me what is wrong with my server

  26. #26
    Is this a fresh box? Are you running any services on it now? I see you have cPanel on there... how much memory do you have?
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by manindarkjp View Post
    They did not explain for me what is wrong with my server

    A switch on one of our racks is experiencing issues and we will be replacing it shortly.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by kevworks View Post
    Is this a fresh box? Are you running any services on it now? I see you have cPanel on there... how much memory do you have?
    I have 1.5GB RAM and will upgrade to 2GB.

  29. #29
    Damn those switches! Well there is your answer so hopefully your problem will get resolved shortly.
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Again.

    Here what I know about this being a client in the same DC.

    1. Burstnet own's the building
    2. Volumedrive leases space ( a large area in DC & very nice space )
    3. Volumedrive lease area has it's own access, ect
    4. Burst personnel has no access to that area even though there a door from DC to there side "alarmed" This looks like emergency door only.

    So the final thing I can say is they don't really own there own true DC.
    RobM,

    What you have left out is that we are securing separate lines from XO and Level3 which we will be operating and will be completely separate from them.

    Moving forward, we will have no affiliation with BurstNET whatsoever. In addition we also operate out of NYC, with many more locations to come.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  31. #31
    Ahh Level 3?? How many space years is that going to be?
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In canada
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post

    with many more locations to come.
    Wondering if you guys can move into my backyard or something, so i can collocate my bunny serber !!

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Wondering if you guys can move into my backyard or something, so i can collocate my bunny serber !!
    Yes, we are considering the "bunny ranch" : )
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by kevworks View Post
    Ahh Level 3?? How many space years is that going to be?
    XO will be first, we should have an estimated time for the level 3 turn-up shortly.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NY & PA
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    RobM,

    Moving forward, we will have no affiliation with BurstNET whatsoever. In addition we also operate out of NYC, with many more locations to come.
    Except rent/lease right?

    Anyway I do wish volumedrive the BEST as I know they have put a lot into this new area and it does look really nice.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

  36. #36
    Ohh man if only that kind of Bunny Ranch existed...

    I mean Level3/XO + The Girls Next Door... I can see no wrong in that... Lol. Really I can't.
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NY & PA
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    XO will be first, we should have an estimated time for the level 3 turn-up shortly.
    Is your being installed before burstnet XO connection or sametime?
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Is your being installed before burstnet XO connection or sametime?
    I have not heard any word from BurstNET on their XO connect since December.
    Managed Virtual and Dedicated Servers Los Angeles - KEVWORKS
    Now with Level(3), Mzima, Telia, Global Crossing and Bandon

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Is your being installed before burstnet XO connection or sametime?
    We are waiting on XO. Our last update is they will be live in the building shortly.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by kevworks View Post
    Ohh man if only that kind of Bunny Ranch existed...

    I mean Level3/XO + The Girls Next Door... I can see no wrong in that... Lol. Really I can't.

    Our thoughts exactly. It's experimental : )
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •