Just bought A New Server -- Need Colo Managed

hi there.. i have been looking around for this service. I just bought new server but i dont know how to set it up ( apache, mysql, phpmyadmin, etc etc ) is there any colocation service that offer to install all the webserver software that i needed. so basically i want to send the new server to them and they take care of installing everything for me. and i want to use Planet bandwith as well. ( I heard planet bandwith is so good )

I don't think ThePlanet does collocation.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave View Post
    I don't think ThePlanet does collocation.
    They do it if you commit a rack minimum. But I dont think they advertise it on their website.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Quote Originally Posted by [hippies] View Post
    hi there.. i have been looking around for this service. I just bought new server but i dont know how to set it up ( apache, mysql, phpmyadmin, etc etc ) is there any colocation service that offer to install all the webserver software that i needed. so basically i want to send the new server to them and they take care of installing everything for me. and i want to use Planet bandwith as well. ( I heard planet bandwith is so good )
    Does the server have to be located central? If yes, try the guys @ GigeNET.com in Chicago, IL. I'm confident they can work something out, but do realize that this would be considered a semi-managed/managed colocation, meaning the pricing will be slightly higher. If you prefer the east coast, Voxel.net would be my recommendation. Again, you're going to pay for the added service you required, but you can't go wrong with either, and I'm fairly confident providers such as these are in a position to assist. There's quite a few others out there, but it very much depends on what region/state is required.

thanks for the reply guys..
    my members mainly from australasia .. which bandwith you suggest ? i tried planet before, the speed was WOW ... but they dont do managed colo.

my members mainly from australasia .. which bandwith you suggest ? i tried planet before, the speed was WOW ... but they dont do managed colo.
    ThePlanet definitely still offers colocation services (I just recently toured the facility where they are currently offering colocation space to clients), however, as Anantha pointed out, I'm not sure if they're looking to do single-server colocation at this time.

If they do, you might want to ship your server over there and pay their "remote hands" fee to have them install it, set it up to your desired configuration, and then pay a third party server management/systems administration company/team/individual to manage your server for you. If you're set on sending your server to ThePlanet and you wont have physical access to the facility, you'd end up having to pay remote hands fees anytime someone from TP's NOC needs to physically access your server (hard reboot, hardware swaps, etc.). Talk to ThePlanet about it and see what your options are.

For the record, we have multiple rack @ ThePlanet and are exceedingly happy with network uptime and performance.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

why not colo at the Planet and then pay a server management provider to do the server management for you?
    HalfDedi.com Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter

just called the planet and they dont have any slot for 1U server anymore. sigh......

If I'm not wrong, I believe that LayeredTech, Softlayer and The Planet all use the same Dallas datacenter. You may want to look that up though, as I'm not 100% sure. If that's the case, you may want to get in touch with them, as I know that LayeredTech do colo.

If your visitors are in Australia, you should be looking at services from the West Coast. Either SJC or Seattle as most of the cable systems terminates at these locations.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaOrange View Post
    If I'm not wrong, I believe that LayeredTech, Softlayer and The Planet all use the same Dallas datacenter. You may want to look that up though, as I'm not 100% sure. If that's the case, you may want to get in touch with them, as I know that LayeredTech do colo.
    I don't believe that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaOrange View Post
    Incorrect.

Also, the OP made a comment about ThePlanet's network--even if SoftLayer, LayeredTech, and ThePlanet were all in the same physical building (which may be the case in at least one location, but not at all their facilities), they don't operate from the same network.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

I would definitely look for a provider in California, as most of the fiber to Australasia either goes out from Northern or Southern California.

There's also a few networks from Australasia who peer at PAIX Palo Alto, ANY2 LA, etc. so you'll want to make sure the provider you end up going with peers with the Australasian networks, and has good transit bandwidth as well.
    ASTUTE HOSTING: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, PEER1, Shaw, Tinet)
    MicroServers.io: Enterprise Dedicated Hardware with IPMI at VPS-like Prices using AS63213 Affordable Bandwidth (Cogent, HE, Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

If you're serving content to Australia, talk to a provider in LA. If I were you, contact Dan from WebNX.com. They have a variety of networks, and I have heard of them doing managed colocation in combination with Steven from Rack911. I'd start there, and if they can't assist, contact UbiquityServers, and talk to Corey. Between the two, you'll be able to gain access to MZIMA which superb out west.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubz31 View Post
    If you're serving content to Australia, talk to a provider in LA. If I were you, contact Dan from WebNX.com. They have a variety of networks, and I have heard of them doing managed colocation in combination with Steven from Rack911. I'd start there, and if they can't assist, contact UbiquityServers, and talk to Corey. Between the two, you'll be able to gain access to MZIMA which superb out west.
    WebNX.com dont offer managed colo.. but they do sell hardware for colo... whatdo you think about ******* ?

I'd recommend you keep management and hosting separate, that way if you have trouble with your datacenter's management plan, you won't have to move your box to a different datacenter. However, if the work requires on-site assistance, for hardware maintenance, or whatever, then the datacenter's techs should be ok for a one-time task.

WebNX.com dont offer managed colo.. but they do sell hardware for colo... whatdo you think about ******* ?
    Hey Hippies,
    I am here from *******.com Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank You,
    Mehboob

Hi Mehboob

******* do managed colo ? or managed dedicated ?

We can provide you with both managed colo and also managed dedicated service. Where are you located? What dont you visit our offic?

Thank You,
    Mehboob

im located in australia, i was visiting your site since 3 days ago.. and the Live support never online, i also send email to them and they never reply me.

im located in australia, i was visiting your site since 3 days ago.. and the Live support never online, i also send email to them and they never reply me.
    Hey,
    May I have your ticket number? I will look into it personally. I did not notice any tickets from you.

We have a 24/7 MSN instant messaging live support. Check our website for details.

Thank You,
    Mehboob

Quote Originally Posted by mehboobashraf View Post
    Hey,
    May I have your ticket number? I will look into it personally. I did not notice any tickets from you.

We have a 24/7 MSN instant messaging live support. Check our website for details.

Thank You,
    Mehboob
    where i can get the ticket number ? i didnt get it when i submit the ticket. can i PM you or you can give me your email address ? thanks

where i can get the ticket number ? i didnt get it when i submit the ticket. can i PM you or you can give me your email address ? thanks

I guess you made some mistake when you sent the request. Basically when you open a ticket you are supposed to receive a ticket number. Anyways, I am send you my personal information at PM.

Thank You,
    Mehboob

Have you checked out PacificRack? They are located in Los Angeles and have a pretty impressive network. They have a great reputation here on WHT and they actively post here as well. You might want to give them a look.
    I post on WHT strictly for sig views

You are likely looking for a managed service, ie., the host itself manages the box for you. Have you looked into using a box with cPanel on it? Even with little to no experience in server administration, you should be able to adequately manage your own server easily. You might look into something like that first as managed services typically cost quite a bit!
    Jeremy Anthony Kinsey ([email protected]) - 262-248-6759
    Budget Dedicated Servers/Colocation HostDrive.Com
    cPanel Hosting/Dedicated Servers HostingLizard.Com
    19 Years in the Hosting Business!

Try O1 Communications in Sacramento CA they have a Class A data center, talk to Mike Brown 888.444.1111 Ext. 2129

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    You are likely looking for a managed service, ie., the host itself manages the box for you. Have you looked into using a box with cPanel on it? Even with little to no experience in server administration, you should be able to adequately manage your own server easily. You might look into something like that first as managed services typically cost quite a bit!
    thanks for that.. so from cpanel will i able to reboot the server ? or i need whm to be installed as well ?

No, cPanel/WHM is just a control panel software. If the server is down, cPanel wont do anything to help that.