Talking Changing Win XP default folder view?

My submission for the "Duh" question of the day - is there a way to set the way Win XP displays folders (eg, thumbnail, tile, list view)? Also, is there a way to set it so it lists them by type by default?

I prefer list view by type, and it's extremely tedious setting every single folder this way when I open it. I couldn't find what I was looking for on Google at all.

Any help is appreciated
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

After changing the display option to whatever you want go to Tools > Folder Options > View* > click Apply to All folder....done..now all your folders will open same way

* There are more options there you can select, or even restore back to default.

Funny I see this thread, because I`ve got a similar question regarding windows xp desktop.

I seem to have hit a setting by mistake and I can`t find where to switch it back.

See attached image. The drop down menu on the left, I want that gone returning back to normal. I`ve looked everywhere to see where to change it back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails windows.gif  

Quote Originally Posted by magicvorlon View Post
    Funny I see this thread, because I`ve got a similar question regarding windows xp desktop.

I seem to have hit a setting by mistake and I can`t find where to switch it back.

See attached image. The drop down menu on the left, I want that gone returning back to normal. I`ve looked everywhere to see where to change it back

I think this will remove it:
    Open Explorer window, Go to Tools > Folder Options > General > Tasks > select Use Windows Classic folder > Apply and exit

Quote Originally Posted by RajanUrs View Post
    After changing the display option to whatever you want go to Tools > Folder Options > View* > click Apply to All folder....done..now all your folders will open same way

* There are more options there you can select, or even restore back to default.
    RajanUrs, you are my hero! Thank you!! I knew it was something ridiculously easy
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>