Poor speed from Steadfast to Softlayer?

Usually transfer rate from Steadfast to Softlayer is about 1M/s. Last night it was crawling at 40-80K/s, now it's about 300K/s. (Only in one direction. Softlayer->Steadfast is still fine.) Speed from FDC->Softlayer seems to be normal though.

Anyone experiencing this problem? I contacted both of them, and neither couldn't seem to pin point the source of a problem.

Can you provide some traceroutes?

Have you reported the problem (during the time of the incident) to either of the involved parties? Its critical that these types of things get reported during the incident so it can be investigated in real time. Typically you should provide pings/traceroutes from both directions.

I created tickets with both providers at about the same time when I notice the first speed drop. They even got shell on one of the servers to work on it.

Just to keep you update, it only took Softlayer's network engineering ~30 minutes to solve this problem. But it took about 12 hours to get this ticket escalated to them. Since they can fix it this fast, I believe it's more likely the problem with Softlayer's network rather than Steadfast's. I did ask them though. Will update here if they tell me where the latency/congestion point was.

Quote Originally Posted by misterd View Post
    I created tickets with both providers at about the same time when I notice the first speed drop. They even got shell on one of the servers to work on it.

Just to keep you update, it only took Softlayer's network engineering ~30 minutes to solve this problem. But it took about 12 hours to get this ticket escalated to them. Since they can fix it this fast, I believe it's more likely the problem with Softlayer's network rather than Steadfast's. I did ask them though. Will update here if they tell me where the latency/congestion point was.
    What was the ticket number? I don't see any recent network operations tickets.