Thread: Gretzky hosting

Gretzky hosting

Is anybody experienced with Gretzky hosting, url is http://www.gretzkyhosting.com/

Thanks

If I am right do a search on jarhosts.biz as thats the link on there page to there forum...

Looks like they changing names for some reason
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Why do they call themselves gretzkyhosting?

jarhosts.biz is not there anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dhoom View Post
    jarhosts.biz is not there anymore
    correct, but if you uses the WHT search button that will bring up info on this company. As I said it looks like jarhosts.biz is now going under the name http://www.gretzkyhosting.com/

Wierd... first the company started as jarhosts.biz, then moved to pharoshost.com and now gretzkyhosting.com...

Easy to find, just whois the domains for the info..

I would watch out for a company that changes names so much like this as you could get burned...
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Thanks Rob.

Well i cant say ive hosted with them but just because they change names often doesnt mean you would get burned either.

Some people change to names that could appeal to more crowds, or some people change because they dont like the name anymore or the management etc.

But.. i guess you should be careful because there is that chance of being burned because thats still shady acting. Maybe talk with there live support and ask some questions.
    BlueWire-Hosting - Well priced, and affordable hosting. With a helping staff and blazing support!
    cPanel/WHM • RvSkins • Fantastico de Luxe • 24/7 Support
    PHP5 With Rewrite for PHP4 • SiteBuilder • Ruby On Rails • Perl • mySql
    | Custom Plans Available | Resellers | Shared |

I would stay away from this company, I talked to the owner and he was extremely immature.

$21 for a server?

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    correct, but if you uses the WHT search button that will bring up info on this company. As I said it looks like jarhosts.biz is now going under the name http://www.gretzkyhosting.com/

Wierd... first the company started as jarhosts.biz, then moved to pharoshost.com and now gretzkyhosting.com...

Easy to find, just whois the domains for the info..

I would watch out for a company that changes names so much like this as you could get burned...
    Agreed. I know of a local host that used to do that. Except it was due to negative publicity from former employees that were supposedly not paid money that was owed to them.

Overall, still very shady.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

Quote Originally Posted by fbyne View Post
    $21 for a server?
    I assume you are looking at the "Budget #1" server? If so, why not? It's only a old Pentium 3 with barely enough RAM to get by, and small hard drive and bandwidth allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by larwilliams View Post
    I assume you are looking at the "Budget #1" server? If so, why not? It's only a old Pentium 3 with barely enough RAM to get by, and small hard drive and bandwidth allocation.
    does $21 even cover it's power for the month? older servers aren't as efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by fbyne View Post
    does $21 even cover it's power for the month? older servers aren't as efficient.
    Corenetworks has $25 servers, with better specs. They manage to get by somehow.

None of the billing or support links work on the site. Would be a good deal if you are just looking to mess around and maybe host some files to access remotely but I would not go throwing customers on a $21/mo server

not too mention, Wayne Gretzky would probably sick a team of lawyers on these guys if he ever found out about the site...

Quote Originally Posted by CartikaHosting View Post
    not too mention, Wayne Gretzky would probably sick a team of lawyers on these guys if he ever found out about the site...

you beat me to it..

let's just hope their servers are 1/2 as good as Wayne was at Ice Hockey.

owm
    ‹(•Ώ•
    Life's what you make it.

I was thinking the exact same thing

I will tell him when he comes over for dinner.
    Andrι Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    you beat me to it..

let's just hope their servers are 1/2 as good as Wayne was at Ice Hockey.

owm
    Considering Gretzky was one of the highest scoring players in NHL history, and the amateur-ish site of the host, I highly doubt it is 1/10th as good as "The Great One".

And that is coming from a Montreal Canadiens fan

I would normally have a few quick witted comments to fire at any Habs fan - but, considering my Leafs missed the playoffs again and the Habs look poised to knock off the Bruins - I will humbly bite my tongue here

Considering Gretzky was one of the highest scoring players in NHL history, and the amateur-ish site of the host, I highly doubt it is 1/10th as good as "The Great One".

Off topic warning; Gretsky would never have made it in today's NHL. Back then no-one would dare to touch "the great one", nowadays he'd get turned into mince meat

Anywho, how are things going with Gretzky... hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Off topic warning; Gretsky would never have made it in today's NHL. Back then no-one would dare to touch "the great one", nowadays he'd get turned into mince meat
    easy now - those be fighting words

Players are better today, sure - but, Gretzky was just so much better then anyone else. He retired pretty recently - and even in his late 30's - he still put up some good numbers... not sure he would be "mince meat" if he was 20 and playing today...

sorry - cant say anything bad about Gretzky to a Canadian - I think its against the law here

Recently? Ah, in biblical terms aye But really, if you look at the outstanding players in recent years - all of them have been put under physical pressure (read attack) by their opponents. This was not the case with Gretsky, as he was considered "untouchable" somehow.

Nonetheless, Gretsky was an icon while he played.

Henrik !!!!!!!

hahahahhahahahha - you are making me feel old

Gretzky retired in 1999 - come on now - that wasnt so long ago (at least amuse me man, getting old is hard enough )

as for untouchable, I will end with these comments:

1) it was a myth
    2) no one could catch him
    3) he got his clocked cleaned a few times
    4) nothing has really changed - if you go after a star player, the hockey code dictates you get killed (same with going after the goalie by the way)

Hey Henrik - are you a Sundin fan by any chance? whats the scoop in Sweden - is he coming back next year?

I do remember when he retired, it's not that long ago actually I do think he perhaps should have called it quits some years earlier, but alright.

I don't agree with you that it was a "myth", if you compare how today's players are getting bumrushed (well, once again look at how they were hacking down on Peter Forsberg for example), then Gretzky was indeed "untouchable".

Regarding Mats Sundin; I have no idea if he'll go back to Djurgεrden, after all; he left this club when he was still under contract when he was what... 17(?), which is a factor that speaks against him getting back to his mother club. But who knows...

I figure Gretzky Hosting is just using the name in a desperate attempt to attract clients.

awesome service i would recommend them i know i dont have that many post here but they have real decent servers and excellent surport if you order a server tell them i recommended you so i get a discount on my server

Quote Originally Posted by magmas View Post
    awesome service i would recommend them i know i dont have that many post here but they have real decent servers and excellent surport if you order a server tell them i recommended you so i get a discount on my server
    What domain do you have hosted with them?
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Btw, is it allowed to get a monetary bonus (discount can count as that) for writing reviews on a hosting provider here on WHT? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Btw, is it allowed to get a monetary bonus (discount can count as that) for writing reviews on a hosting provider here on WHT? Just curious
    This should clear your thought:-

Quote Originally Posted by WHT Rules
    You may not compensate anyone for any review or recommendation. Further, you may not suggest a tone (i.e. "Go talk good about us on WHT").
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    • LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo •

• Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    What domain do you have hosted with them?
    im-paranoid.org

Thank you for supplying your domain to further validate your recommendation.

np anytime

Just to let you guys know. we have never traded as pharoshost.com because we changed names that make us shady? pharoshost is a friend of mine (Cameron) and has a VPS with us.

Do you judge a book by it's covers?

Why not try our services? Feel free to contact us
    irc.seviro.com

Why are you called gretzkyhosting?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetVPS View Post
    Do you judge a book by it's covers?
    1337k00lw3bsYt3h0st.com

no, we're equal opportunity haters.

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r View Post
    Why are you called gretzkyhosting?
    Why is google called google? thats just like asking us why we are called Gretzkyhosting
    irc.seviro.com

We changed names from Jarhosts.biz to gretzkyhosting.com because we were toying with the idea of upgrading our website to a more professional looking image for a more refined clientele. If you read up our about us page you`ll notice we have actually been in hosting for many years and have many years of advice, support, and happy clients. I hope this has resolved the "name change" issue and conversation on here.

Danny
    CTO of Gretzkyhosting