Best backordering system

Hi

Which is best domain backordering system available ? GoDaddy ?

I got to catch a domain which is going to expire in a couple of months but there is little chance of the owner renewing it.

Thanks

Whatever you do..DO NOT use godaddy backordering system. It is absolutely horrible and you will not get the name. I would suggest snapnames or enom.

If we talk about gTLDs:
    I would say Pool, NameJet and Snapnames are equal good. GoDaddy is useless, you are faster to register the domain by yourself (that's mainly because they don't have special ICANN accreditations for backordering so they don't have a chance against the other one).
    DirectI's backorder system is good as well but I think they don't let you place orders and they just use it them self.

DirectI's backorder system is good as well but I think they don't let you place orders and they just use it them self.
    So basically DirectI's backordering system is just for themselves ?

Quote Originally Posted by anjanesh View Post
    So basically DirectI's backordering system is just for themselves ?
    As far as I know, I didn't saw a place where you can place orders for it but saw many domains they got.

Quote Originally Posted by rony View Post
    That's strange.
    So how do you know they have one? I mean they won't advertise such thing, like: "Hey! did you check out our new backordering system? But it is only for inhouse use, sorry!"
    Closed for winter...

You just analyze domains you want and look who snaps them up, this way you find all the players.

You should read this thread.. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=477474. It depends where the domain is registered.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by rony View Post
    GoDaddy is useless, you are faster to register the domain by yourself

I don't agree with you, i use Godaddy's and also have my own script checking for availability and registering automatically, conecting to Directi. And i can assure you that Godaddy is faster than my script, and my script is faster than registering the domain manually by miself.

Godaddy has some registrars for backordering, to name a few, godaddy, blue razor domains, go france domains, go china domains, and other, but Godaddy has LESS than other companies, and there are lot of other companies to compete with.

I use to check for deleted domains, and a small percentage is captured by snapnames, pool or godaddy, most of the domains are grabbed by companies that check the traffic on the domain and then delete it.

The best option is to use the highest number of companies you can afford.

SnapNames/Pool/NameJet are all free unless you win the domain. I agree with the comment of not using GoDaddy for backordering domains.

Quote Originally Posted by elmister View Post
    I don't agree with you, i use Godaddy's and also have my own script checking for availability and registering automatically, conecting to Directi. And i can assure you that Godaddy is faster than my script, and my script is faster than registering the domain manually by miself.
    I payed once for a backorder at GoDaddy and had now over a year to get a domain with it. The domain got first registered by an other drop-catcher and after 5 days they released it, then GoDaddy got it.

That's one of the few special cases when you can order a backorder from GoDaddy. If you think it's not backordered at SnapNames/Pool/Namejet but is going to be picked-up and dropped by domain tasters. GoDaddy will eventually catch the domain, if it eventually drops.
    Last edited by stub; 04-19-2008 at 04:27 AM.