Thread: What the Deuce?

Angry What the Deuce?

When I make a post in a thread, for some reason, its showing my own post as a "new post". It never did that before...

I waited for a while thinking that it would go off by itself but its happening in all the posts I am making. And even after I visit the thread, it still shows as "new post".

Is it a bug?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTF.JPG  
    Last edited by HNLV; 04-17-2008 at 10:09 AM.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

See what I mean?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTF2.JPG  

Hmm, isn't it supposed to happen?

EDIT: Were you referring to the arrow?

It never shows "new post" for a person who actually made the "new post" and lets assume for a second here that it did do that, it should go away after I viewed the "new post" right? It doesnt go away, even after I waited for more than hour, like I showed you in the first screenshot.

Yes I am referring to the arrow and the fact that the text is BOLD, as if I never saw the thread.

I just realized, this also happens with threads I've not posted in. In fact, all threads with new posts I visit, dont go back to their normal "viewed post" status.

Hmm the problem doesn't occur to me although it does happen to me on a few other forums.
    Normally I just ignore them.

Yeah, I haven't seen a problem either. Have you tried clearing cache? Don't know if it'd do any good, but it's worth a shot.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Yup, I cleared the cache, but still no luck. The same thing keeps happening. But the good thing is that its going off, almost after 2-3 hours.

Is there some sort of setting I am not aware of to update these "viewed" threads where VB makes queries every so hours as opposed to querying the database every second when someone views a thread?

I happen to get the same issue from time to time. Login out then back is my workaround
    Marie - Co-Owner
    Need Further Assistance ? Here you go !
    English, french and spanish support

Ladies and gentleman, we have a genius here.

Thank You Marie, that fixed it.

But the downside was, it actually made threads which I didnt view as viewed as well. O well, not a big deal but it at least fixed the issue at hand.