Moving a Frontpage customer

I want to move a Frontpage-using customer from one server to another. Am I able to transfer the files for him? Can I download FP files and FTP them up to the new server, or does FP require that the files are published directly through FP?

Thanks for your help.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Vito that depends on what the front page web has in it. Some of the web bots will corrupt if they are not uploaded using FP. If it is just shared borders and themes then you can usally get away with plain ole FTP.

Or here is another take on it.

Question: I get an error 500 internal server error when trying to view my site.
    Answer: The most common cause is the use of FTP in uploading FrontPage generated webpages. This can damage the FrontPage extensions. In this case the FrontPage extensions will need to be reinstalled. This can be done in your control panel.
    If You are utilizing FrontPage to create Your site You must use the file upload feature in the FrontPage program to deliver these pages to the web server. If FrontPage webpages are transferred by another FTP client, FrontPage extensions will become damaged.
    And even though the pages may be successfully uploaded, they will not be viewable
    (translatable by a web browser) due to a corrupted code.

Hi Monte:
    Well, I took a chance and uploaded the files via ftp. I figured I'd give it a shot. If it didn't work, I would remove all the files and start over by asking the customer to publish through FP.

I got lucky, it worked fine. I visited the site through the IP address (not propogated yet) and it displays fine.

As always, Monte, thanks for your help.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials