Gmail imap access

Is anybody having any problems using imap with gmail in the last half hour? When thunderbird went and checked the last time, it came up with "imap is not available for your account", I then went and logged in via the web, and on the Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP, it now has taken the IMAP section away, and just lists Forwarding and POP.

Anybody having a similar problem? IMAP has been working fine on my account for months.

looks like it's corrected itself. I'm able to connect with thunderbird now, although my imap settings in gmail settings are still gone.

I also have this problem from time to time. Thunderbird will timeout checking my imap account, I cant tell if the problem is with Thunderbird or with Gmail's imap implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_D View Post
    I cant tell if the problem is with Thunderbird or with Gmail's imap implementation.
    I was using gmail when it first released.... then stopped. Started back after they updated it earlier this year, but now I've stopped again.

I don't know how they messed up *imap, but they did. AOL's implementation of IMAP is 1000 times over what gmail ever wanted to be. Not to mention that aol's free imap was released a full year before gmail's imap release.

AOL NEVER has any issues with their imap, gmail has little issues here and there.... just enough to piss you off.

*I have a thought that gmail is having trouble due to the way out desktop apps (outlook/thundertird) want to use folders and gmail has those shitay labels with no option to use folders. Although, it is believed gmail will implement folders... or at least they alluded to that in Dec '07 or early '08.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!