everity.com review - been with them since December 2007

My hosting with everity.com started at the end of November and beginning of December 2007 when I was having issues with Crucial web host and them blocking members on my site and a slow site as well I will not go back to Crucial for that reason and they more then doubled their prices.
    Any way when I was having trouble with Crucial I looked into many hosts. I had a huge list only remember a few but now that I came back here am remembering a few more. A few off the top of my head are trexhost glad I did not go with them as they closed down, reliable site and ok hmm I forgot the rest but any way this review is about everity not other hosts. So one of the things that sold me on everity was the kindness shown to me when I was asking him questions. One of my questions was about semi dedicated as I was thinking that might be what I need. He had descriptions of it in 2 spots on his site and they were different so I asked him about that and if I remember right he said it starts at the lower one and you can get up to the higher one. But the thing he said that sold me was when he told me I probably would not need semi dedicated and would be fine on a shared. This shocked me as every other host I have talked to always tries to get me to buy the vps or semi dedicated.

So after he impressed me by saying that I got an account. He did a free site move and had to do it manually too as crucial disabled the back up feature. After every thing was moved he even made sure every thing worked on my site, some hosts only move you and do not make sure things work. He even joined my forum , the owner I mean.

Back in January I did have a minor issue where at midnight my site would not load. Opened a ticket about it and it was fixed in a timely manor I am unsure of what was doing it but glad its fixed.

There was an issue a week or so ago when my Arcade's tournament system was doing funky things and found it was from another site that had an open exploit that caused mine to go funny after that customer was contacted my issue was fixed.

A new issue one that happened today was with my gallery and it had stopped working do to mod_security being installed. When I contacted support he did offer to remove it but because it was added to prevent the above issue I told him just to leave it and I will re install the gallery. I do love the kindness he put forth in that ticket as well as all the rest.

Oh speaking of kindness in tickets I opened a ticket about being confused about his billing system as it was totally different then what I am used to but he explained it and even changed the wording on it to make it less confusing.

http://otakuplayground.com

http://otakugalleries.com - down right now do to the mod_security but am working on reinstalling it. just waiting for ftp to finish downloading the images.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy-T View Post
    just waiting for ftp to finish downloading the images.
    Thanks for review never heard of these guys before here on wht, but for downloading files, go to cpanel > File Manager and browse to the g2data folder and albums folder or wherever the files are, and hit compress after checking that folder.

And it will either store it on server which you can simply ftp download of http download and unzip it on your machine or after reinstall just throw it back on the right folder and unzip it on the server itself.

Above possible if and only if you are using cpanel 11.

Cheers

ah I saw that feature and have not used it.
    What I plan on doing is just reinstalling it then setting up the sections. then use the upload to upload each album one by one.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/profile/everity

everity

Web Hosting Master | Member since 8/3/2004 | Last login: 4/16/2008

thanks for a nice review.

if you enjoy them...then they must be good.

I like fussy people funnily enough.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

It's good to see a satisfied customer! It's a thing that some people forget, a host is run by humans, we all make mistakes. It's something we forget all too often.
    HydraHost Internet LTD
    Providing 100% uptime for the last 18 months.
    Quality affordable hosting. Hosting the UK and beyond!

yep I take that into consideration.
    kind of reminds me of the saying and imperfect being can not create some thing that is perfect.

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.