Why is this site loading so slowly?

I have just had a new Wordpress theme made but ever since it has been in use the site has been loading really slowly for me.
    The site is This One - Is it loading slowly for you?
    If so why do you think it is so slow?
    It was working fine with the old theme and it is the same when installed on different servers.

Looks like it's generating pages dynamically and pulling data from MySQL every time a page is requested, which might be why it is so slow.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

You might want to check your mysql service to make sure it's not overloaded as there might be a lot of connections in the sleeping state. This causes your server to become slower over time when responding to mysql commands. You may also want to check to make sure your server has enough free memory to do all the requests necessary for the dynamic page generation... A possible cause of slowdown is having to write everything to swap while generating content.

The site has just been moved to a new VPS
    512MB Guaranteed RAM 1024MB Swap Space
    It is the only active site on the server and the only mysql database, (there is just one other single page static site), so there should not be any problem with resources or memory.

Do you have a link to the wordpress using the old theme? Have you investigated the vps resource usage yet? It might just be a really inefficient theme due to lazy coding.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleHop-Sam View Post
    Do you have a link to the wordpress using the old theme? Have you investigated the vps resource usage yet? It might just be a really inefficient theme due to lazy coding.
    I can't provide a link to an old version, ever since this new theme has been put onto the site all other themes appear to have the same problem; other Wordpress sites on the same original server worked (and still work) fine.
    Resources?
    Not sure how to find that, WHM shows the last 3 entries as:-
    Top Process %CPU 4.4 httpd [windowcleaners.org] [/]
    Top Process %CPU 2.8 httpd [windowcleaners.org] [/]
    Top Process %CPU 2.1 httpd [windowcleaners.org] [/]
    How would I find the 'resources' details that you mean?

are you using localhost or the IP address of the server for DB connection.

Quote Originally Posted by werushka View Post
    are you using localhost or the IP address of the server for DB connection.
    wp-config.php has it set to 'localhost'

Install wp-cache. I was having the same problem but it seems to have calmed things down alittle

Pretty certain this is a coding issue, wiped it off the drive and reinstalled with default themes which work fine. Final coding on the new theme screwed the loading - back to the 'designer'.