Exclamation What does this mean?

I did a favor for phpCOIN and created a Kayako LoginShare for phpCOIN that phpCOIN users can use it with their Kayako.
    I put my time to do this for free and after many testing to make sure it is working fine I sent it to phpCOIN to be put on their download page, but strangely enough they did set my forum account to probation!! and I got this email as a "Thank You" from the phpCOIN staff. So I don't wonder why nobody cosider it as a notable software, let alone about its features, uselessness and disadvantages.

Here is their "Thank You" email to me for my free Kayako LoginShare, however I don't care about their childish attitude:

In the past, we used to discuss code in the private moderators forum - but this relied on users giving at least 2 hours of their time EVERY day to help answer questions on the forum, and led to them being elevated to moderator status to facilitate the management of the forums and the development and debugging of the code.

Unfortunately, for the past 12 months, we have seen NO indication from ANY user that they are in the slightest bit interested in phpCOIN from any other perspective other than what they themselves can gain from it, and have seen little or no intent to help others. Nor, to be honest, has any user demonstrated a sufficiently in-depth knowledge of even the usage or installation of phpCOIN to be even considered for moderator status.

As a result of this apparent selfishness and lack of interest by the phpCOIN user community as a whole, the decision was made to suspend all development and collaborative work on the v1.x.x code-base with any user or third party developer that was not a part of, or employed by, the holding company.

The board of directors subsequently set the policy; "If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out".

I apologize for this policy, but we are not in the business of teaching php coding, nor are we prepared to discuss the code (especially the code relating to security) in the public area of the forum. It is for this very reason there is no specific forum dedicated to the development of code.

I trust this adequately answers your question and gives you some insight into the history and politics pertaining to the v1.x.x product and its' support forum.
    Please respect that this in not a subject that is open for any discussion.
    Rgds
    lightman
    I ask moderators to not delete this post, as new hosting companies who are using phpCOIN, should know the staff and their childish attitude better. I am not offending them, this is just a critical review about their behaviour and respects to their users.

Quote Originally Posted by nimasdj View Post
    I did a favor for phpCOIN and created a Kayako LoginShare for phpCOIN that phpCOIN users can use it with their Kayako.
    I put my time to do this for free and after many testing to make sure it is working fine I sent it to phpCOIN to be put on their download page, but strangely enough they did set my forum account to probation!! and I got this email as a "Thank You" from the phpCOIN staff. So I don't wonder why nobody cosider it as a notable software, let alone about its features, uselessness and disadvantages.

Here is their "Thank You" email to me for my free Kayako LoginShare, however I don't care about their childish attitude:

I ask moderators to not delete this post, as new hosting companies who are using phpCOIN, should know the staff and their childish attitude better. I am not offending them, this is just a critical review about their behaviour and respects to their users.
    Maybe I am missing something but I don't see how the reply was childish. They are not around to teach others and are under no obligation to do so. If they want to stop development, that is their choice.

I think they were honest, detailed and provided a good deal of information.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Yeah, I don't see how the reply was childish. If development was stopped than it was because of lack of need and/or knowledge for it. They gave a explanation of the history to educate without exploiting the security. Sounds like a lot of programming spoon feeding to me which they clearly are not willing to do.
    HostDemon.net - Web Hosting & Design Solutions at Sinful Prices!
    30 Day Money Back | 24/7 Support | No Overselling | Instant Backups | 99.9% uptime | Adult Websites Allowed
    Official Twitter Stream- Check it out and consider following us!

Quote Originally Posted by H0stD3m0n View Post
    If development was stopped than it was because of lack of need and/or knowledge for it.
    lack of knowledge = uselessness of a software!

This is fun !!

I contacted lightman and he sent me the whole story. Here is the FULL copy of the correspondence (which was originally done privately in PM, but since this member has chosen to publicly disclose a private conversation, lightman felt he was justified in doing the same !) :

Sent: Re:my post, January 13, 2008 12:16 am
    any reason why did you delete my question about login issue?
    that was a normal question and I needed the info.
    Firstly you posted three time (by accident or design it does not matter, someone still has to clear up the mess ! )

Secondly the post was in an inappropriate forum - it had nothing to do with the installation nor the operation of phpCOIN itself.

In the past, we used to discuss code in the private moderators forum - but this relied on users giving at least 2 hours of their time EVERY day to help answer questions on the forum, and led to them being elevated to moderator status to facilitate the management of the forums and the development and debugging of the code.

Unfortunately, for the past 12 months, we have seen NO indication from ANY user that they are in the slightest bit interested in phpCOIN from any other perspective other than what they themselves can gain from it, and have seen little or no intent to help others. Nor, to be honest, has any user demonstrated a sufficiently in-depth knowledge of even the usage or installation of phpCOIN to be even considered for moderator status.

As a result of this apparent selfishness and lack of interest by the phpCOIN user community as a whole, the decision was made to suspend all development and collaborative work on the v1.x.x code-base with any user or third party developer that was not a part of, or employed by, the holding company.

The board of directors subsequently set the policy; "If you are competent enough to make programming changes, you should be competent enough to read the source code and figure things out".

I apologize for this policy, but we are not in the business of teaching php coding, nor are we prepared to discuss the code (especially the code relating to security) in the public area of the forum. It is for this very reason there is no specific forum dedicated to the development of code.

I trust this adequately answers your question and gives you some insight into the history and politics pertaining to the v1.x.x product and its' support forum.

Please respect that this in not a subject that is open for any discussion.

Rgds
    lightman

Funny how some of it sorta ........ kinda ......... accidentally ......... didn't get pasted into the WHT forum post !!!!

AND

This was nothing to do with the code that he supplied that phpCOIN would not post on its downloads page due to the fact that the code was encrypted and that the series 1.x.x version of phpCOIN (and all the user contributed add-ons) is open source

AND

He was never demoted to a probationary member status - he was put on permanent moderation for repeatedly and blatantly spamming the forum against forum rules
    I hope this will put the issue into its proper perspective !

psihost,

Firstly if you thought you are an expert detective to catch me as a spammer, shame on you. You have still a long way to be a good detective.

Secondly,

That was encoded because this is Kayako rule and they send the the open source only to developers, not to public, so they are free to not put into download page and I am not flaming them for this. I just did not want to break Kayako rules.

The full story was that I did post a question about phpCOIN password encryption and that was a valid question but was deleted by LM, so I asked that question from Steve with PM and that gentle person did answer my question very kindly.

Also I was never spamming any forums.

psihost, since you are not a qualified detective to distinguish who did mistakes and who is innocent, I highly recommend you to focus your time on your job, instead of wasting your time to contact others about this. This is better for you.

Exclamation

psihost,
    Just visited your website and wondering to find lots of 404 errors, this is funny that you are putting your nose on matters which are none of your business instead of fixing your own website, and this is why I can only assume that you are jobless so I urge you to visit http://jobs.yahoo.com/.

Good luck on finding a good job instead of wasting your time on things which don't relates to you!

No 404 errors on MY site

But thank you for your concern

I don't mean to be rude but I can pm you some of them that you can fix them.

I didn't think for one minute think you were trying to be rude - after all, your recent disparaging comments to, and about me, were surely not intended to be derogatory or belittling !

Perhaps you should take your own advice and ensure your 'detective' work in determining what website I run is, in fact, the website you think I run

Could it be that, instead of attempting to solicit support on this forum for some personal vendetta you seem to be running against members of another forum, and now seemingly against me in this forum - you should, in fact, be minding your own business instead of making inflammatory and provocative and totally uncalled for comments.

**** Note to moderators.

I strongly object to this users continued personal and derogatory attacks against me.

Please use your best judgment as to what to do with this thread. *****

Exclamation

Well, I see you did put 20 minutes of your time to post something useless against me and you even did contact others about matters which are none of your business, now I am pretty certain your a jobless person so again I urge you to try to find a job for yourself instead of wasting your time on this sort of things.

Good luck finding a good job!
    Last edited by nimasdj; 05-26-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psihost View Post
    This is fun !!

I contacted lightman and he sent me the whole story.
    Why would you and why would lightman tell you the "whole story"?
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

In order to put this thread to bed - and in the interests of full disclosure, and to justify and authenticate the statements I have made - I should explain to the readers that, when I first joined this board back in 2004, the nick 'lightman' was already taken by some other member - I chose the nick 'psihost' as it loosely related to one of the groups of companies I administrate - 'lightman' and 'psihost' are, in fact, the same person so you may understand why I might be somewhat upset at having a private correspondence with a user suddenly disclosed publicly on this board, particularly as it was edited in such a way as to distort its original context. This is, in fact, no more than the latest round in some personal vendetta that this thread starter has been mounting against me for the past 18 months or so - and I am still non the wiser as to what motivated the contention in the first instance !

My profound apologies to the staff and members of this board if my handling of this thread was misconstrued to be in any way devious or underhanded - it was not the intention at all - the underlying motive was to distance the issue away from the software product that is mentioned in an attempt to neither endorse nor decry it, and to focus on the derogatory and misleading presentation of the facts as originally posted.

Lightman,

I believe there are lots of un-answered posts on phpCOIN forums requesting support for phpCOIN, you'd better to answer them and offer better support to them, instead of wasting your time in this thread.

This is funny that you are beta tester of phpCOIN and it has lots of bugs, because you are wasting your time here instead of beta testing it.

If you don't like to offer support to phpCOIN and beta testing it better, then you might want to find another job, but don't waste your time putting your nose on matters which are none of your business. If you continue on this which are none of your business, then you are getting just a bad name for yourself as an envious and jobless person who is wasting his time on others forums instead of offering support to his own forums users.
    Last edited by nimasdj; 05-27-2008 at 02:06 AM.