Image Hosting --> any hosting company allowed ?

if i want to make image hosting such as allyoucanupload or imageshack , where hosting should i go to,... i was with hostgator and they suspended me for it.

any answer will be helful

Hi

Any shared hosting company will at some point suspend you if you reach high level of resource usage, and so I'd recommend to start out with a Virtual Dedicated Server and just do some research, set a higher budget and get started that way, as I'm sure you'll be able to grow quickly, monetize the site, and then upgrade to even higher/faster end hardware/hosting.

Good luck
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

thanks Cirtex, i was with servage before.. they allowed me to have an image hosting on their server, but the problem was servage bandwith is abit slow, so i moved it on hostgator and 2 days ago its being suspended, so im looking for a share host that can allow me to put image hosting on their server. ( i only used it on my small community )
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [hippies] View Post
    thanks Cirtex, i was with servage before.. they allowed me to have an image hosting on their server, but the problem was servage bandwith is abit slow, so i moved it on hostgator and 2 days ago its being suspended, so im looking for a share host that can allow me to put image hosting on their server. ( i only used it on my small community )
    thanks
    Welcome to the world of overselling, might i ask whats your budget, before we proceed blabling about blabla host and stuff that might work out for you ?

Cheers

i might go for share server only.. maybe 15 bucks.. its only for small community

i might go for share server only.. maybe 15 bucks.. its only for small community
    Well if it really was small why would hostagator kick you, did they give you reasons for the boot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Well if it really was small why would hostagator kick you, did they give you reasons for the boot ?
    I believe hostgator has a tos stating that file hosting is not allowed. Only files that are related to or within your site is allowed.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

yup... hostgator said it wasnt the server load issue,but they just dont allow me to put image hosting script so anyone can upload image.

So the issue is resolved?

I suggest you checking every bit of the TOS of a host before signing up. This will reduce the possibility of unnecessary hassle popping out.

I agree with Cirtex above. An imagehosting site may start to use a lot of server resource&thus resulting in your account getting suspended.

I also think Hostgator forbids hosting sites like this in their ToS (terms of service).

Read the ToS of the provider you are looking at to see if they allow it. I know that Dreamhost, for example, allows imagehosting sites - but as said earlier; Beware so that you do not use too much resources.

Good luck!

www.imountain.com will let you host an image host on their cluster.

Hi hippes,

If you need go provide image hosting you don't need shared hosting account. Well you can have shared hosting or VPS and to grant users access to subdirectories... in theory. But it will be much harder to do that. A good image hosting requires anyone to has own server and to have some custom configurations on the machines. Anythings else would be just talk... at least from my point of view.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

i just signed up for a month with VPS with knownhost, they said it would be fine host an image hosting as long as its legal content.. any comment about knownhost at all ?

i just signed up for a month with VPS with knownhost, they said it would be fine host an image hosting as long as its legal content.. any comment about knownhost at all ?
    Did you increase your budget?

KnownHost will take good care of you. Just make sure you have the correct level VPS for your needs, especially in regards to RAM, disk space and bandwidth.

Which control panel did you select?

Knownhost is quite a reputable host.
    Hope you can post your review about them in about half a year time.

I hope that Knownhost works out for your site. PM your experience if you get a chance. Thanks!
    Review Hell - Brutally Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Helpful Web Hosting Advice
    Web Hosting Guide - Easy to Understand For Newbies

How much bandwidth are you using, and did you write your script? I was able to squeeze a 14TB/month setup onto a couple of VPS servers by compiling php really manually and using nginx to serve images. It might be a little more difficult to setup without a knowledge of scripting and server administration.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    Did you increase your budget?

KnownHost will take good care of you. Just make sure you have the correct level VPS for your needs, especially in regards to RAM, disk space and bandwidth.

Which control panel did you select?
    whm - control panel.. and i have no idea at all how to use it and knownhost guided me from scratch.. brilliant !!!!! and now its up. and very very fassttttttt....

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r View Post
    How much bandwidth are you using, and did you write your script? I was able to squeeze a 14TB/month setup onto a couple of VPS servers by compiling php really manually and using nginx to serve images. It might be a little more difficult to setup without a knowledge of scripting and server administration.
    i did wrote script by myself but i have no idea how to manage server at all.. anyway my site is up now.. thanks to WHT and knownhost

Quote Originally Posted by micksss View Post
    I hope that Knownhost works out for your site. PM your experience if you get a chance. Thanks!
    Why PM? Put it up in public.

whm - control panel.. and i have no idea at all how to use it and knownhost guided me from scratch.. brilliant !!!!! and now its up. and very very fassttttttt....
    Congrats mate!!!

you would need alot of space too

Quote Originally Posted by rideshowoff View Post
    you would need alot of space too
    Not really. Most of the images people upload aren't that huge.