Blue Hill Data - Any feedback?

Does anyone know whether Blue Hill Data is a reliable hosting provider or not? I did not find any info on WHT about them.

I know they don't look like a normal host...more like an outsourcing company. A person I know is using their outsourcing services and he was offered dedicate hosting services by them. I am looking for "any" kind of information on them to know whether they are reliable or not. They do have a lot written about their facility here.

Thanks for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBiloh View Post
    Some time on Google tells me that they are some sort of IBM partner. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the information though:

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0...vices-Inc.html

Found very little elsewhere about them.

Good luck!
    Thanks for this. What really puzzles me is the lack of information on such a "big" hosting company. I also checked http://whois.domaintools.com/bluehilldata.com and it revealed their nameservers have 10 domains on them.

I would have thought that they would have more information about them on the net.

Seems legit.
    http://d03bphrb.partner.boulder.ibm....Document&NL=en

I'm not sure how you can tell if a company is legit by their nameservers.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    I'm not sure how you can tell if a company is legit by their nameservers.
    Err...I think you misunderstood me. I meant to say that their site shows they have a "massive" hosting facility (refer to my initial post) and yet their nameservers have ONLY 10 domains on it? That sounds a bit weird to me unless those 10 domain clients are some of the highest paying ones ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Saibal View Post
    Err...I think you misunderstood me. I meant to say that their site shows they have a "massive" hosting facility (refer to my initial post) and yet their nameservers have ONLY 10 domains on it? That sounds a bit weird to me unless those 10 domain clients are some of the highest paying ones ever.
    No I didn't misunderstand. You're assuming the nameservers you found are they ones clients use.

Anywhere, from looking at that page. It says their first nameserver has 1,475, while the other one has 10. Still, irrelevant.
    Last edited by cloudrck; 04-16-2008 at 01:47 PM.

No I didn't misunderstand. You're assuming the nameservers you found are they ones clients use.
    Yes, I am assuming that to a certain extent. My reasoning is that for such a huge facility, they would have to have thousands of clients and it seemed weird to me that only 10 use their nameservers.

Oh, the couple of nameservers have 1400+ domains. I wonder why such a huge company does not use it's own nameservers to start off with!

Add to that their client testimonials here don't have a single url in it. And the company names are so generic google turns up nothing valuable.

Also, almost noone has any idea of how their hosting service is like. Considering they have such a huge facility (saying it for the n-th time), I find it weird. Don't know what others think about it though.

Add all that to their price tag of $800 for a Windows XEON 3.06 GHz server on a 4 MBPS line (this is what they quoted to the person I know), I find it (here I go again) weird.

To test out your theory on nameservers being any use, have you tired this test on other well known hosts?

Anyway, why not give them a call and ask them these questions?

To test out your theory on nameservers being any use, have you tired this test on other well known hosts?
    Just checked out "The Planet" at http://whois.domaintools.com/theplanet.com. They have 65K+ domains on their nameservers.

Anyway, why not give them a call and ask them these questions?
    It is not up to me to call them. I was checking WHT based on request of the person I know. He is supposed to ask this and other questions to the company.