PayPal Money Market

One thing I do not understand about PayPal Money Market is whether you have to commit your entire PayPal balance. Is everything in your PayPal balance subject to the Money Market once signed-up for it?

How about of I have $2000 in PayPal account and want to invest $700 in Money Market? If I had to have my entire balance subject to Money Market, then I would have to regulate it but drawing money out often, so as to not over invest or put my entire savings at risk.

PayPal Money Market is one awesome venture from PayPal, as per the prospectus PayPal Money Market doesn't grab on your total balance, its more like a mutual fund system "you share money and you get returns for it". So you need not worry on all your money being being shared, you have a separate system where you can add funds to your money market, you can still manage your PayPal account as before. The only difference with this system is the money that you shared is now not under your withdrawal control.

So this new venture is purely to benefit users and not to affect them, So you can dare share your savings on with PayPal Money Market and have your savings grow up.

The most important note behind this system is PayPal has a co-partner working along with it for this venture, they are Barclays Global Investors one of the world's leading asset management firm. So there is nothing to worry about the fund added. This is clean and effective, try up and reap the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by kewlol View Post
    they are Barclays Global Investors one of the world's leading asset management firm. So there is nothing to worry about the fund added.
    Wrong. It is still an investment and like any investment, their are no guarantees. Just because the company has a good track record does not mean that fund will always do well. If you go into investments thinking their's nothing to worry, than you will get yourself into a lot of trouble.

Bear Stearns was also a leading firm, look what happened to them.