hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Programming Discussion : Overriding static with DSO PHP

Forum Jump

Overriding static with DSO PHP

Reply Post New Thread In Programming Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2002, 01:15 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Overriding static with DSO PHP

Hi,
There is one apache compiled with static php4. I want to override that php4 with a DSO compiled php. The problem is that I can't compile apache from the scratch cause it has a couple of other modules builtin which I don't currently have.
Is there any way to make apache load the new libphp4.so and not to read the old mod_php4.c ?
I tried commenting the line AddModule mod_php4.c and insert a new line LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so but .. it just failed to load the new php. What could be done about it?

Naseer

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2002, 02:41 AM
Web Hosting Guru

to my knowledge u cant (thats recalling a post from rasmus, one of the developers of php, on hte mailing list)

Old 08-22-2002, 01:00 AM
Junior Guru

Lightbulb Ummm... bad idea

Ummm... this is a really bad idea. At the very least you're going to generate some asserts -- and at the worst Apache is going to core dump and fall over. The problem is that you're telling it to load the same module twice -- and in 2 different ways (and static is most likely going to win).

Dan

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2002, 03:04 AM
Web Hosting Guru

well, seems you are correct. I tried inserting a php3 modules and also php4, started apache and it give a Segmentation Fault and exits. No other error code was generated. Seems quite funny, but I did edit the apache binary and made a couple of changes, saved the binary and it did worked. Now what I am trying to do is to make some changes to the php section and make it not to load. Seems quite difficult as the whole code is embeded into the binary.
Any experience like doing this?

Naseer

International Callers: 1 (214)329-4291 or 1 (786)380-4896

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Google-Backed Security Technology ShapeShifter Changes Website Code to Thwart Attackers Web Hosting News 2014-01-23 13:03:33
Hurricane Electric Expands Globally with Two New Canadian PoPs Web Hosting News 2013-08-08 14:50:16
CyrusOne to Build Second Data Center in San Antonio Web Hosting News 2013-08-08 14:40:08
Nasuni Launches Cloud Mirroring Feature to Storage Solution Web Hosting News 2013-08-08 14:15:27
Third Party Data Center Provider Budgets See Growth: Uptime Institute Survey Web Hosting News 2013-08-08 12:31:45