Standing Out & Gaining Exposure

I started my Web Hosting business in August 07 and have steadily grown with the number of clients we host. (currently 18). I have been fortunate enough to gain these clients due to my forums reputation and the reliability of our forum which is evident with fast loading times and constantly low server load.

ibpArcade Downloads, my forum, we have been advertising our hosting services to our members there. Because most (if not all) of our forum members run their own websites, it seemed like a good way forward to offer hosting services aswel. I feel however we are begining to run our of new clients which can come from our forums at present.

My question basically is does anyone have any good ideas or knows any good ways to sucesfully promote a webhosting business? How to get clients and how to get better search rankings. Perhaps if some people have good tutorials they could link me to it would be much appreciated.

We haven't gone for the usual "We are really cheap, choose us because we are so cheap" and we arent attempting to "oversell". We just want to provide reliable hosting for forum owners. I thought it was better to choose a specific area to aim at rather than going for the over saturated usual unrealistic "$3 package gets you unlimited everything".

Thanks for any help in advance.

Leon

These days, aiming for a specific area is always the best way to get good growth (not a guarantee, but it does make it a bit easier).

To stand out and promote your company you could
    - Post some relevant (to your niche) hosting and niche-related articles that you/your company wrote. A polished article can make a very good impression that you do know what you're talking about, and will/can offer what you promise.
    - Offer to sponsor a moderately to heavily trafficked website in exchange for a "Hosted by" link or a banner on their site.
    - Offer an exclusive discount to members of your forum(s)
    - If you do run your own forums, always have a link to your site in your signature and website field.
    - Ask members of your forum(s) what they like/don't like about their current host. This will give you a better picture of what your niche customers are looking for.

Basically, what you're aiming for is to show those potential customers that they will be getting a lot of value for their money.

Good luck!
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

u may find some ppl who waanna setup a forum ..but they dont know bit abt technology .. thy know abt specific things .. u offer them technical support and customisation at cost ... along wid hosting ...

I think you both raise some good points. I will have to look in to writing some good articles.

We already offer discount to our members and of course I have a link to our hosting site in my signature Both good ideas of course!

A bit more research and development could be done to find what people are looking for.

I also think arthaseo has made a good points we could offer more technical support and customisation. I will look in to how we can implement that. We would have to advertise the fact we offer this extra support.

Thanks so far for the ideas, they are a great help.

Sometimes the best business opportunities are right under your nose. If customizing forums as what you're good at and do anyways, then to me that sounds like a terrific asset you can leverage. You could even setup your website with that angle... that you are in the business of setting up and customizing forums. But then an "extra service" for those who want it, is also hosting the forums.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes
    Rob Moore - Founder/President
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Hosting Companies, since 2005
    Our new service is LIVE - as of June 1, 2016

Look at your competition and find a way how you can do it better. Give visitors a reason why they should use you. Not just with fancy talk and a flashy website, but actually provide some evident things which show you are better.

You can also look into expanding who you are marketing towards. You don't need to be constrained to a single niche. Find out what sites your potential customers are visiting and advertise on those sites too.

As for search engine rankings, you'll need a good deal of SEO work done which can turn out costly for a start-up or small company.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Not just with fancy talk and a flashy website, but actually provide some evident things which show you are better.
    Do you have any examples of what I could show that shows we are better?