Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down my review about justgotvps.com

I purchased the vps from justgotvps.com on first week of april. Initially it works well. support is good.

After a week time, frequent downtime and out of resource.
    I enquired and found they are overselling the space and 120 vps in a server. oh my god.

It's not fair, they are limited the CPU, ram, email server and web server usage, with this config, we can't do anything, just a dust bin server.

I enquired about the company background and found.

justgotvps.com is registered on 2008-02-24 and will be expire in 2009-02-24. they are planning to run away with our money like buyavps.com. justgotvps and Zanadoo Hosting going to announce bankrupt.

John Rodriguez is basically a real estate agaent (Starlite Real Estate) and he don't know server management. They are running the server in the garage.

One man show and poor support. Disappointed by your service.

Justgotvps becomes Justdownvps. Frustrated and waste of time. refund my money immediately

Beware of justgotvps.com.

melvin

If you can, please provide a domain that you have hosted by them (either currently or recently). If you're not comfortable in sharing that publicly, hit the REPORT icon on your thread and send it to the moderation team, please.

Thanks!
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

melvinhost is right about everything, I wanted at first to test that vps host once to see how it would end up, I always knew that they were overselling their web space.

Did you know that I wasn't able to install my cpanel license properly due to the downtime we have all been trough?

J-C

darwick could you also provide a domain to further verify your statement/review.

If either you or melvinhost would rather you may opt to submit domain(s) via the report this post link as Douglas has stated.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinhost View Post

justgotvps.com is registered on 2008-02-24 and will be expire in 2009-02-24. they are planning to run away with our money like buyavps.com. justgotvps and Zanadoo Hosting going to announce bankrupt.
    Thats not really very good evidence to suggest that they are going to run away with your money.

I have a vps with them, and i think for 14$ and 512 of ram is not too bad!

Looks like the mod's tidied this thread up after this morning, where melvin left about 4 posts "slagging off" justgotvps, as he was caught spamming.

Dupe accounts seemed to have been used by him (speculation obviously).

Just one bad customer try to put a boot into a host that correctly banned him.

I agree with albyb, altho the vps i have with them is only hours old. Its nice, fast, and does what i want it to do..

see this, one of the justgotvps customer quoted

"
    Yes, justgotvps is down and they are overselling, it's true.

My vps is also frequently down, even I just hosted two simple website.

Here is the trick:
    32 GB of Fully Buffered ECC RAM Per Server
    100% CPU = 100% of 1 logical CPU.
    In Each Server there are 8 logical CPUs for a total of 800% CPU.

So, In total 32000MB RAM and number of VPS will be
    32000MB = 100MB * 320 to 500 vps in a server. Yes. Melvin is correct. Justgotvps is overselling. 500*USD5 = USD2500 for 32GB server. Oh !!!! It's huge profit.

I too not satisfied with you. Can refund my payment ! "

Hope, you are all remember the stories of primaryvps.com , buyavps.com ! and justgotvps.com is just an another primaryvps.com,

oversell, make it cheap, attract more customer and then run away!

Melvin

Have any one of you left a domain? So far 5 people...uh usernames have posted but not a single domain to verify any of you have ever actually used the host.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Hi,

I hosted two of my websites in the justgotvps.com vps. But now I removed. yes, What melvin said is absolutely correct. Justgotvps.com is overselling. I can easily prove this.

Just ask their server configuration. you can easily understand their trick. They don't have any xen vps, because if they use xen, then they will caught. they are planning to earn money in short term, no customer service.

Dan

I can be wrong,but i use my vps only for play with directadmin and cpanel, i notice copule of reboot, but the server to me look very fast more fast of many i try before with 512mb.

So we are up to 6 people all without a url.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Just to inject this thread with some badly needed facts.
    I have had a VPS with JustGotVPS for less than a month as I signed up on the 27th March.
    I've got a Junior Root Gold plan for $10 a month. At that price I don't expect much but so far the server has stayed up 100% and responds and performs well from the UK. I have some of my personal sites hosted there and all are monitored every 15 minutes.
    I will submit a site to the mods. to back this up.
    I don't share melvinhost's poor opinion of this company.

Thanks for the reviews everyone but no site address = worthless review...

I signed up just over a week ago with:

http://uioi.net/

(It's a copy of my main site - it's only a test VPS).

The first two days were fine, and today seems fine as well. However I can't speak for the 5 days in-between simply because I was too busy to test anything out in those days.

Although every time I've checked, my site's been up and running.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Quote Originally Posted by AHFB HTML View Post
    So we are up to 6 people all without a url.
    *subscribes to thread in anticipation.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

http://www.mydays.org/blog

this site is hosted by justgotvps with Standard Root Plan
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

Quote Originally Posted by MIYU-HITORI View Post
    http://www.mydays.org/blog

this site is hosted by justgotvps with Standard Root Plan
    So what do you think? Are you experiencing any downtime?

I too got one of these this weekend just for testing. I have checked at random times since I ordered it and it has been up each time. The uptime of the server shows it's been up since I ordered.

dev.helpbytes.co.uk is the domain, nothing there though, most of the things I have done on the VPS have been at a shell up to now, I have experienced no problems, and access is fast enough from the UK.

I asked the mods here to validate my domain hosted on my server with these guys but they haven't done so yet so I'll go public to back up my view that this company seems reliable so far.
    Domain hosted on a Junior Root Gold VPS plan is <<snipped>>
    Last edited by Justin; 04-18-2008 at 02:20 AM. Reason: removed domain

I enquired and found they are overselling the space and 120 vps in a server. oh my god.
    That is to be expected on their $4.95-$13.95 VPS plans.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    *subscribes to thread in anticipation.
    Just to say that I've already posted my domain/website - it's the last post on the first page Please feel free to validate it however you wish.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

Quote Originally Posted by sphere View Post
    So what do you think? Are you experiencing any downtime?
    just a reboot to update the server's kernel,uptime is good
    My Personal Sites:Oh !!!MIYU-GのDAYs
    http://www.1221.in
    MY LIFE IS COOL,SO IS MY VPS I WILL TELL YOU MORE ABOUT VPS

Hello,

Albyb, Traceroot, Slowdive, Tristanperry, MIYU-HITORI, HelpBytes

Thank you for your positive comments. They are much appreciated. Especially in this situation/
    JustGotVPS.com <----- Running on one of our VPS servers.
    Excellent VPS at Excellent Prices!

I brought one of these for testing but won't be keeping it due to the fact that their service is incompatible with my software. However it seems reliable enough, and let's face it you won't find many places selling VPSes for $4.95 a month. You generally get what you pay for, but Just Got VPS really do offer a great deal, especially if you're just looking to learn Linux and don't want to spend a fortune or format your own hard drive.
    http://supavps.com
    Quality VPS Plans - Instant Setup - True 24/7 Support - Friendly Service
    Including Trixbox - host your own VoIP PBX!

I purchased the vps from justgotvps.com on first week of april. Initially it works well. support is good.
    Yes you did. It worked well until we caught you spamming and suspended your account.

After a week time, frequent downtime and out of resource.
    You were down for spamming.

This is a load of nonsense. This is just a random number you made up.

It's not fair, they are limited the CPU, ram, email server and web server usage, with this config, we can't do anything, just a dust bin server.
    If you consider a dual quad core Xeon with 32 GB of Ram, RAID 10 using 10K rpm hard drives and a 3ware raid controller a dustbin server you are entitled to your opinion, although I am sure most people will disagree.

John Rodriguez is basically a real estate agaent (Starlite Real Estate) and he don't know server management. They are running the server in the garage.
    Our server is actually hosted in the complexdrive.com data center.

One man show and poor support. Disappointed by your service.

Justgotvps becomes Justdownvps. Frustrated and waste of time. refund my money immediately
    Spamming from our servers is a waste of time because we will find out. All spammers will be frustrated.

Beware of justgotvps.com.

melvin
    As you can see from this thread, customers who do not send spam are happy with our service.

Just a note: We tried to work with Melvin and gave him a chance to continue using our service and stop spamming but he was not interested in that.

Hi AshServ,

Thank you for the compliment.

Early days, but all looking good from me

[email protected]:~$ uptime
    21:02:33 up 1 day, 22:42, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I'd like to thank Melvin for pointing out this possible host to me - I probably wouldn't have looked at them if he hadn't posted.

That said - their web site is very frugal with information about their service. What distributions are supported? What admin tools are available? Do I use a separate domain registrar when I register? How easy is it to upgrade my plan as I grow? The details are somewhat scarce.

Just signed up for the starter package today!
    VPS login data received after 2 hours!

bit longer then stated, but sofar everything looks real nice!
    Will post more when I know more..

Quote Originally Posted by slowdive View Post
    I asked the mods here to validate my domain hosted on my server with these guys but they haven't done so yet so I'll go public to back up my view that this company seems reliable so far.
    Domain hosted on a Junior Root Gold VPS plan is <<snipped>>
    I do apologize on the rather latent response. Thank you for submitting your domain to further validate your review/response.

How awful that a spammer has tried to ruin the reputation of a host. I hope people read the whole thread.
    VPSVille.com
    Toronto, London, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Quality VPS hosting on Premium bandwidth

Just to add my 2p worth: -

I signed up to justgotvps on 11th April on the basic $4.95 service. Didn't expect the quickest thing in the world but didn't really need it to be. It was to run as my email server - NOT a spam host I stress to add, simply a replacement to my SMTP/IMAP that I currently run on my server at home. I therefore can't add a URL to this review because it never ran a web server.

Anyhow, worked fine for a few days so I changed my MX records to point to the new server. Server seemed to go down once so had to restart the VPS once - not sure why but left it at that.

Middle of last week I'm working away from home, and notice my phone has stopped getting IMAP updates from the server - can't do anything about it until I get home.

When I get home, I have an email from [email protected] along the lines of: -

"Your process has been putting an excessive load on the server so we shut it down. Tell us how to disable that process and we'll restart your server."

This was surprising because: -

- I don't believe my services to be anything like CPU intensive, however when it restarts I will investigate.
    - I didn't think it was possible to use too much CPU on a VPS - isn't the whole idea that you are given a %age of the box's CPU cycles (50% of 1 CPU in my case...) so you can't impact others? Unless of course it's being oversold...

Anyway I replied to the email with instructions to rename an init.d script to disable the service. Thus far it's been 3 days since my server was down - I've had no response AT ALL from my email. I've sent a follow up email, still nothing. And my hypervm login is disabled so I can't even start it myself and disable/investigate my "greedy" process.

Thankfully I was rsyncing changes to my mailstore every 6 hours back to my home server as I was just testing the server rather than relying on it, so at worst I've lost 6 hours of emails I can't get to because they won't start up my server.

If vpster would like to comment on any of this, my ticket number of the email you sent me is Ticket#2008041610000411.

I'm not particularly bothered about running my service on the VPS anymore, I've realised that I'd rather have control and pay a bit more in electricity running my own server than using a low-cost VPS that I can't rely on. I just want to see if I've missed any emails from that 6 hour window!

-

Edited to add that I see from the T&C's that "You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time...JustGotVPS reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities." Fair enough, I guess that's what I signed up to but I still don't understand if I've been limited to 50% of one CPU - regardless I would have investigated my processes utilisation on its return.

What I'm really not happy about is the total lack of communication/response to my queries and that my server which I paid for (granted, onlt $4.95!) is STILL down!

There is a good market for cheap VPS hosting, but one thing that ANY service provider must do is communicate with its customers. No communication, no customers.

Oh, and the email from abuse began "Dear Sid", when I am, as confirmed by my account details, not called Sid!
    Last edited by gingerprince; 04-20-2008 at 07:00 AM.

Hi,

I currently have a VPS with JustGotVPS, and would like to ask if anyone here had been in touch with their support team lately? I had been sending inquiries to them about some issues I have with my VPS but never got any response from them since Wednesday.
    HyperAxe

HomeWebbies - Affordable LiteSpeed Powered Hosting

As I said above communication is terrible. Since my last post they closed my account and refunded my fee (without any consultation as to why they thought I was using too much resource). I asked for access to my data and they said to provide them with an FTP address to send a backup to - I did that last weekend and still do not have my data...

Thanks, I read your post and was wondering if somebody else out here was able to keep in touch with them for the past few days.

This is bad. They seemed to have been good on support responses during the first week of my signup, but lately things had been pretty slow, until they stopped replying for several days now.
    HyperAxe

my last support request was from last friday, which was answered quickly

this week no support request has been sent out, since all works fine..

Did you use the Help Desk on HyperVM or direct email to their support?

Actually, I tried both but still got no reply since Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jongwebsolutions View Post
    my last support request was from last friday, which was answered quickly

this week no support request has been sent out, since all works fine..
    HyperAxe

I use the support e-mail adress
    (not the ticket desk)

Thanks for the info jongwebsolutions. I just sent an email to their support for follow-ups a few hours ago and still no reply.

I guess I'll wait a bit just to give them a chance to share their end of the story.
    HyperAxe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast