best host for email service

I am looking to build a web service that will frequently send emails to its users. Is there a good host that has a high or unlimited email relay limit? My budget is $30/month.

You shouldn't be using shared hosting for sending out e-mails. There are special services that do what you want...
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

Are you wanting to send out emails frequently as in, mailing out a mailing list? Or are you talking about setting up a forum or some script that will (in the process of doing what it does) send out quite a bit of mail?

If you can describe what the mail is and why/how/when/how often you plan on sending it, it will be easier to give you a good answer.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I am going to have a script which will run once a day which will send out email notifications. The emails will contain unique content so I can't use a mailing list.

If you know of any services to do this please recommend them.

Unless we're talking about 10000+ emails per day I can't see as this would be a problem on a shared host. Especially since you seem to have a realistic view on pricing. Contact a few hosts that meet your criteria and ask them if they can support the volume you need.

Good luck on the search.
    :: 1StopWebHosting.com :: - Professional Web Hosting Services
    ::
    :: Featuring the CPanel Control Panel running on CENTOS Linux servers
    :: We offer Shared Web Hosting, Business Hosting, Java / J2EE Servers and Dedicated Server solutions.

Basically, the range of emails that you can send with a shared hosting solution is not so bad. Usually, you are limited to 300-500 emails per hour. It depends to who do you send your emails though. They should be sent to people who have subscribed to them or await them as if someone complains about spam, the whole shared server might be blocked. If you fit with these requirements, you can start looking for a decent shared hosting provider. If not, then tell us your requirements so we can offer you something better.

I will be only sending emails to people that request them. As far as volume, that will depend on the number of users. If I have 100 users I may send out 10 emails a day, if I have a 100,000 users I may send out thousands of emails a day.

Basically I am looking for a host that will allow me to scale my application as the number of users grows.

If that is all you are sending, you should be fine. I wouldn't be concerned with traditional shared hosting until you are well into the 100's of thousands of messages per day.

Good luck with your search!
    :: 1StopWebHosting.com :: - Professional Web Hosting Services
    ::
    :: Featuring the CPanel Control Panel running on CENTOS Linux servers
    :: We offer Shared Web Hosting, Business Hosting, Java / J2EE Servers and Dedicated Server solutions.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bteeter View Post
    If that is all you are sending, you should be fine. I wouldn't be concerned with traditional shared hosting until you are well into the 100's of thousands of messages per day.

Good luck with your search!
    Yup, bteeter is right. Well, almost. He did say hundreds of thousands and I think that is a bit inaccurate (if not, pls advise ) but for the most part, yes.

Also, most web hosting companies offer mailing list options from within the control panel. Like others have mentioned, there are restrictions, but if you are sending 100-5000 or so emails you shouldn't have much trouble with shared hosting.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

What I can suggest you is to go with a shared hosting provider for now as it is way cheaper. When the time comes to send thousands of emails per day, then you will have time to think for a better solution (VPS, semi-dedicated). If your website is start up or rather small at the moment, in most cases you will need a couple of months to reach the volume of emails that will be inappropriate for shared hosting.