Talking Recommendations for quality host, good uptime, very fast servers

Well, I have read over many thoughts about my thread -
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=68503
    -

In regards to the main point of that thread and my other one in the reseller forum... can anyone point me in the direction of a host with reseller plans who:
    - Have exellent uptime
    - Decent speed servers(I've heard as long as the load is low, a super-fast server won't make much of a difference - correct me if I'm wrong)
    - Good amount of RAM(512-1GB)
    - Quality bandwidth(Level 3, Verio, stuff like that)
    - Not really good support(if they offer good support, that's fine, but really... good support isn't NEEDED)

Thanks,
    Mike

HTTPME

Try Httpme.com

I love them!!!!!

Aussie bob is my hero..........

Balabachi, you are probably not doing Bob any favours by posting in that manner.

Gary

Originally posted by Editor
    Balabachi, you are probably not doing Bob any favours by posting in that manner.

Gary
    It doesn't worry me in the slightest.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

It doesn't worry me in the slightest.
    What, that you are his/her hero or that they are posting in that 'manner' ?
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

I know Bob...I'm sure you realise what I was getting at.

Gary

Umm.. back to the reason of this thread... any ideas on a host??

Originally posted by Editor
    I know Bob...I'm sure you realise what I was getting at.
    Yes.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

What did I say

Jeesh

Someone explain what I was trying to get at? I know I am new here, but I have been so screwed by my last provider, that I am overjoyed with httpme.com.

I simple said I love my new hosting provider and the Aussie bob is really a cool dude. The staff has helped me so much in so may different ways it is truly amazing.

I got setup within twenty minutes and my site was propogated in just a few hours.

The entire XP has been great.

As far as their hardware, I only know my site is FAST and loads everytime.

Maybe I should have explained it a little better, for that I am sorry.

Sorry if I offended anybody.
    Last edited by balabachi; 08-21-2002 at 01:11 AM.

It's okay Balabachi...I was just making an observation, and Bob acknowledged my point. I'll shut up now.

Gary

Re: Recommendations for quality host, good uptime, very fast servers

Originally posted by mas3000
    (if they offer good support, that's fine, but really... good support isn't NEEDED)
    Well, you might be right if everything goes well. but it won't take many problems in a business environment to gain a different outlook.

In fact, I've recently moved all my clients off a server that runs well, and has had 100% uptime for the past 6 weeks for the sole reason that I had no confidence in the company concerned to provide support in the event of any problems.

It's the same reason that they pay large amounts of money to highly experienced pilots to be captains of jumbo jets for basically sitting up the front of the plane and monitoring the autopilot 99.99% of the time.

But for the other .01% of the time, they earn every cent of their salary.

So - IMHO if you are running a business related site good support is not only needed - it's crucial.

Good point Blind Freddy!

I certainly agree with you. You made the analogy so vivid. What matters in hosting is not only the price, but more on the tech support.

I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

I'd recommend Voxtreme, as well as meeting all your points they have amazing support.

Re: Re: Recommendations for quality host, good uptime, very fast servers

Originally posted by Blind Freddy

Well, you might be right if everything goes well. but it won't take many problems in a business environment to gain a different outlook.

In fact, I've recently moved all my clients off a server that runs well, and has had 100% uptime for the past 6 weeks for the sole reason that I had no confidence in the company concerned to provide support in the event of any problems.

It's the same reason that they pay large amounts of money to highly experienced pilots to be captains of jumbo jets for basically sitting up the front of the plane and monitoring the autopilot 99.99% of the time.

But for the other .01% of the time, they earn every cent of their salary.

So - IMHO if you are running a business related site good support is not only needed - it's crucial.
    But I never really use any support. In the last month I can't remember talking to 1 tech... I can't remember anything farther back than that. In the event of a problem I would expect them to fix it quickly(broken hardware, ect..) otherwise I haven't had a need for support.

Re: Re: Re: Recommendations for quality host, good uptime, very fast servers

Originally posted by mas3000

In the last month I can't remember talking to 1 tech... I can't remember anything farther back than that.
    That's scary.

Ok, hope all goes well for you and that your hosting company looks after you quickly in the event of problems.

Eric.

What kind of control panel and OS are you looking for?

As far as your assumption about low load equating to a fast server, that is largely correct. But, if you've got a resource heavy application, there is no substitute for a fast server.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com