Offshore Hosting - Dedicated Servers

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys can refer me to some quality offshore dedicated server providers. I have heard of Leaseweb and Piradius. Leaseweb seemed not to be a good choice as if I recall properly I read that previous hosting clients were dissatisfied with the lack of support. Is this true - what do you Leaseweb clients have to say? I could not find the Piradius servers so I gave up looking for them. Does anyone know where I can find their "actual" website?

Also, it would be helpful if someone can tell me how to find out who hosts a website by checking some data. For example, here is a Piradius client. Piradius might be a datacenter for all I know, so how I do find out who the hosting company is?
    Last edited by r2d3m; 04-13-2008 at 10:18 PM.

What kind of content are you going to be hosting?
    Last edited by net; 04-13-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cybercast View Post
    What kind of content are you going to be hosting?
    I am going to open up a forum where people link to videos or movies on video-hosting websites. Basically, a website that links to any type of video or movie. Preferably home made amateur or short budget movies, but I do not want to be held liable if copyrighted videos are posted.

As I see you are considering Dutch based web hosts. There are excellent connectivity in Netherlands and most web hosts provide quality service. The only thing I would advice you to check is what kind of support are you going to receive. The EU companies charge different way for customer support. UK is also a good place to host, even the pound is too expensive at the moment. You may also consider Sweden or Germany as a countries where to host your projects.

Please note that it is better to make your web host familiar with the content of your websites, especially if you intend to offer adult content.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Quote Originally Posted by kotrt99 View Post
    I am going to open up a forum where people link to videos or movies on video-hosting websites. Basically, a website that links to any type of video or movie. Preferably home made amateur or short budget movies, but I do not want to be held liable if copyrighted videos are posted.
    If copyrighted movies are posted, will you remove them within a certain timeframe after a notice from your provider?

Especially in the Netherlands, the anti-piracy movement is really active with lawsuits against hosters.

There will always be a risk that they (anti piracy movements) will start a lawsuit against your Dutch host to get your details, this happened before and with succes. The Dutch providers involved had to give the details of their client.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

I will not be hosting or uploading any content. The users will only be linking to it. Is this illegal? I am sure that linking to any video is not illegal.

I am interested in servers located in the Netherlands, Sweden, France, Hong Kong, Malaysia, or anywhere else that will accept this type of website. How would I find reliable, good support, and reasonably priced servers in these countries? I have tried google searching for servers multiple times within the last few months, but have had no success in finding good hosting companies.

Also, as I am still confused about this, does anyone know whether Piradius is a datacenter or a web host? If Piradius is a web host, please redirect me to their website.

Thank you, and I appreciate the help.

@kotrt99 There is legal precedence in Sweden that says that it is not illegal to link to (copyrighted) material. Though, the prices are quite high as far as the Swedish dedicated server market is concerned.

Take a look at leaseweb.com - their servers are located in Netherlands. Of course, their oficcialy do not allow linking in their rules, but their host hundreds of torrents etc.

where can we find the Piradius web site??

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    where can we find the Piradius web site??
    It would be helpful if someone can answer this question. I have thought about using Leaseweb, but I heard that their support is horrendous. I need a reliable host, not a mediocre host.

Try Shinjiru.

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    Try Shinjiru.
    I have known about this company for a while, but thought that their entry level dedicated server prices and specifications were high compared to leaseweb or alphared. Don't you think so?

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    Try Shinjiru.
    Shinjiru is based in Malaysia, which has laws that states that not even softcore erotic art are allowed, not to mention adult and mature content.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

try rapidswitch.com they allow everything
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & Kvm SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Location: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 on Site Engineers

I'm sorry, but i cant agree with that - and i'm sure RapidSwitch wouldnt thank you for that comment either.

Are you really saying that they would allow *everything*?
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

I'm not sure that rapidswitch.com allow everything. They do not allow exp. warez links on them servers, etc.

Thanks for everyones discussion on this thread. I found some posts helpful. However, I still would like to know how to get in contact with Piradius. Please help.

the tracert goes by http://www.time.com.my/products/index.asp and
    http://www.time.net.my/

cant assure its them though...

If you have any news please post it

I will post the news if I find any. However, I will unlikely find the true Piradius website as I am only good at researching using search engines. Yet, none of the terms that I have searched regarding Piradius have helped me find out about the company.

could ask the webmaster of a web I know hosts with them.. will let you know asap..

they are top 5000 acording to alexa

could ask the webmaster of a web I know hosts with them.. will let you know asap..

they are top 5000 acording to alexa
    I appreciate your help.

I am also trying to search Piradius.
    Anyone found it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Armaan143 View Post
    I am also trying to search Piradius.
    Anyone found it or not?

PM me

Piratius is network of Shinjiru.com

Everyone who use shinjiru, know that ... I use shinjiru, they allow warez links, but not warez hosting, at them VPS and Dedicated Servers.

They are very good provider, stabile network, great up time... I thing that they are the best OffShore solution.

If someone want Hong Kong solutions, try at www.*******.com , they have racks at HostFresh Data Center.

Tried the hong kong sites down and from what I am reading has been for some time. Shin seems to have the best prices for me so thanks

Malaysia laws doesn't allow any adult content to be hosted thou.
    ServerFreak Malaysia Web Hosting
    Malaysia Web Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Server
    Y!: serverfreak | MSN: serverfreak @ passport.com

Yea, but we are speak about Warez Links. Not warez files hosting

You should check out FlexServers if you're concerned about support. I know a guy out in Russia who uses one of their dedicated services and he claims they reply to tickets within minutes.

I'm pretty sure they're in Netherlands.

Good Luck
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

I think this is Piradius website : piradius.net

Yea, but site isn't work yet ... And I said, that Shinjiru use Piradius like ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by paulorv View Post
    You should check out FlexServers if you're concerned about support. I know a guy out in Russia who uses one of their dedicated services and he claims they reply to tickets within minutes.

I'm pretty sure they're in Netherlands.

Good Luck
    FlexServers have little expensive servers, but, that is EU prices

Anyway, try at http://www.serverboost.co.uk/ , they have servers at NL, prices is ok. I have one server at them

Anyone know any companies that have servers in Hong Kong?

host fresh or something similar .. intercage.com em provides the upstream IIRC..

Are Eurovps and Clustered.net considered offshore hosting providers? Also, can someone point me to the English version of Host Fresh and the dedicated server section of Intercage.

Quote Originally Posted by kotrt99 View Post
    Anyone know any companies that have servers in Hong Kong?
    WRZ Host > www.*******.com have racks at HostFresh Data center

Quote Originally Posted by Turelio View Post
    WRZ Host > www.*******.com have racks at HostFresh Data center
    Thanks for your input!

PM me
    Hey everybody, elvis1, would you be so kind to get in touch with me by e-mail on a subject of Piradius network? Unfortunately can't send you PM in fact.

(sh) ............injiru .....................

Thank you very much indeed