any Hostway agents having support problems?

My company is a Hostway.com reseller.

We've found that Hostway support has really gone downhill. Although the Tier 1 phone guys are great, anything that gets escalated to Tier 2 goes into a black hole. (We've been waiting over a week to get a subdirectory ftp account set up for one of our clients... SiteControl did not work, and nobody at Hostway can tell us why.)

I'm trying to locate other Hostway agents to see if they are also experiencing problems with support, and whether we can work together to put some pressure on Hostway to improve. (I've already gotten responses from a couple of other Hostway agents who are interested.)

I'd love to hear from you about your experiences with Hostway, and what you'd like to see improved.

Also, please let me know if you're interested in working together to get some attention from Hostway.

I'm not a HostWay reseller, but have had quite an experience with HW during the last month. E-mail support is, truly, a laugh. Do you have the "special support number?" I found that talking with someone live got *some* things accomplished, but the people on the phone were communicating with the real support people in Chicago.

See these threads:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=680431

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=685285

Best of luck!
    Scott Gardner - Agile' Marketing Services

Ask about my upcoming book:
    Profitable Web Hosting

We've been with them nearly a year (colocation). And none of our 'escalated' tickets have ever been dealt with. Ever. Not one. I've submitted some things two and three times. You described it perfectly: black hole.

As mentioned, the Tier 1 phone guys are great. And whatever they can do, it gets done quickly. But anything else, forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrian View Post
    We've been with them nearly a year (colocation). And none of our 'escalated' tickets have ever been dealt with. Ever. Not one. I've submitted some things two and three times. You described it perfectly: black hole.
    If that is the case, why have you not moved your business elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by wbengal View Post
    If that is the case, why have you not moved your business elsewhere?
    To this point, it hasn't been anything major. Mostly just some niggling stuff that I found a way around myself. I guess the main reason is that it's convenient, pricing is good, and it would be a pain to move at this point.

Just to add a side note that our tickets are going unanswered too. Major issues like the harddrive our site is on is full, and not from our site either. It has been over two weeks and they are not doing a thing to fix the issue.

We are actively looking to move.

the harddrive our site is on is full (...) It has been over two weeks and they are not doing a thing to fix the issue.
    That's pretty bad considering this is a thing that shouldn't have happened in the first place. (I assume you're a shared hosting customer.)

Shared hosting yes. I just received another response from them which is identical to the last response:

"We apologize for the delay in response, we would like to assure you that our second level support staff has been informed about the issue and they are currently working to resolve the issue at the earliest. We would get back to you as soon as we have a response from them."

This is obviously just a boxed response and apparently means little to nothing.

That really sucks, time to switch *

Final Straw for me....

My company has been with Hostway for about 5 years now. Service has CERTAINLY gone down hill. Tonight, they suspended our account due to lack of payment, and they have been billing our corporate Amex card for 5 years monthly without issue. They are a complete joke now! Tomorrow, I will be setting up a new account for our company with a new host I have found that is US based and WILL NOT be outsourcing. The are labeled US SUPPORT.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailMix View Post
    My company has been with Hostway for about 5 years now. Service has CERTAINLY gone down hill. Tonight, they suspended our account due to lack of payment, and they have been billing our corporate Amex card for 5 years monthly without issue. They are a complete joke now! Tomorrow, I will be setting up a new account for our company with a new host I have found that is US based and WILL NOT be outsourcing. The are labeled US SUPPORT.
    Probably the company you are talking about were sold without any notice? And now all of you guys start getting troubles just with new company owners?
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

I've been hearing a lot of stuff about HostWay.com..... If I was hosted on one of there servers or on there site and having a problem and this happen to me and after me hearing about them I would def. Change host in a min. I'd say its time to start looking for a new host... or provider.