Colocation - Los Angeles?

I'm looking for a company that'd be willing to host my 1U rack server (it's 520WTT's, should go well under 1Amp)2TB's of bandwidth would be nice, we can negotiate that out. I'm looking for something in the $70's to low $100's. Anyone can suggest a company too.

Might be hard to find 2TB in that price range, do you actually need 2TB or are you just trying to leave some leeway?
    You'll be better off finding a provider going with a more dead on BW amount.

I'm more giving myself leeway, I don't want to go over and pay $1000's in overages. All I'll be running is game servers, I generally only reach 1TB a month.

Well, I am not sure if you can get something from $100 for 2TB, but in LAX, there is Ubiquity (www.ubiquityservers.com) and WebNX (www.webnx.com), both use Mzima (good for gaming) and both are reputable providers. Might be worth taking a look.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

have you tried calpop?
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

I can't believe someone would seriously suggest using CalPOP for gaming, their network is pretty bad.

I've had pretty good luck with Multacom, been there for a few years and couldn't be happier. Realistically with game server hosting you are safe with 95th percentile pricing over transfer. Usually if someone is offering bandwidth by the gigabyte or terabyte, it is not very good quality.

calpop might be the best bet for your budget. If your running game servers you may want to increase your budget to ensure your on a quality network.

Also, I have my doubts that a 520watt power supply system is going to be using 1amp, I think your underestimating the power requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by localhost127 View Post
    I can't believe someone would seriously suggest using CalPOP for gaming, their network is pretty bad.

I've had pretty good luck with Multacom, been there for a few years and couldn't be happier. Realistically with game server hosting you are safe with 95th percentile pricing over transfer. Usually if someone is offering bandwidth by the gigabyte or terabyte, it is not very good quality.
    You get what you pay for...Go with Internap or Mzima for gaming.
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003