Hosting Controller Control panel software

Does anybody have any experience with Hosting Controller software, good or bad?
    Squiggout: Exchange 2010, Sharepoint, Comunication Server, CRM, Server Instances, Reseller Hosting, and Shared Hosted.

Silly name serious solutions

Do you have it running on Linux too?
    Squiggout: Exchange 2010, Sharepoint, Comunication Server, CRM, Server Instances, Reseller Hosting, and Shared Hosted.

No, I am not using HC7 for Linux as of yet. Only Windows and running all 5 servers within single cluster.

Blessed.

Thank you Saksher for this information.

I am using HC 7 on Windows as well as on Linux and its doing great so far. The good thing is me and my clients does not have to open two separate control panels for windows and Linux hosting management as HC 7 provide a centralize control panel for both OS. Also there support is very cooperative and totally free of charge

Been using it for say 10 years? I am not sure anyway a long long time. Their support is fantastic. Only thing I don't like is their hot fixes normally break something once in a while. But they will fix for you asap though.

I am managing HC linux/windows panel quite easy to distribute hosting services between both platform. for example, I have enabled mail server role on windows machine ... HC automatically create mail domains for linux user into windows mail server. Full Marks

well.. bad news here for me.

I currently am trying to get my system up and running.

windows is kinda working...

linux is nothing but a mess!

trouble ticket open, no response as of yet.

good thing im only using my free domain license.

Open a support ticket, HC guys should be more than willing to help. They sometimes even login to my system to solve the problems for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbieg View Post
    well.. bad news here for me.

I currently am trying to get my system up and running.

windows is kinda working...

linux is nothing but a mess!

trouble ticket open, no response as of yet.

good thing im only using my free domain license.

Yes... they are trying to do that at the moment.

they made me give them login information for my systems to try and get it all working... my servers have been sitting there with there firewalls turned off for SEVERAL hours now...

they are NOT responding to my support update requests, and chat customer services says they are working on it.

Sorry for hijacking, but there seem to be experienced HC users over here.

I have read the docs and done the online demo (the 30 days trial not yet), but I don't get how you are supposed to move data that is on a failing host.

Let's say one node brakes down and on it are 200 websites. Does HC maintain a copy of those sites somewhere, or does it recreate the accounts on other nodes, where you have to restore a self made backup? What does HC do in a case like that? Can anyone tell me?
    SuperRacks Ltd European Hosting
    We serve you with custom services
    Visit our website or ask for a custom quote
    Quality linux and Windows hosting, servers and collocation

They have backup utility named RBX which is use for backup/restore All HC panel related data.

Quote Originally Posted by mooodi View Post
    They have backup utility named RBX which is use for backup/restore All HC panel related data.
    Thanks for your reply.

So if a node goes down, does the HC 'master server' automatically assign a new node, or do you have to do that manually? Restoring user data is also done manually?
    SuperRacks Ltd European Hosting
    We serve you with custom services
    Visit our website or ask for a custom quote
    Quality linux and Windows hosting, servers and collocation