hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Design and Content : New Site with Old Data - development company needed - help!

Forum Jump

New Site with Old Data - development company needed - help!

Reply Post New Thread In Web Design and Content Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

New Site with Old Data - development company needed - help!

Hi all,

I have a site which is about 8 months old and is based on wordpress. Unfortunately the code is just not robust enough to cope with the traffic I am receiving and my needs for expansion. I want to expand on the community I already have.

As part of this I need to migrate (or use) all of the wordpress data I already have. This is a lot of data (over 50,000 comments, and nearly 600 articles).

I receive a lot of traffic every day and my site is only JUST coping with it because I am using caching software. When I get a front page on reddit/fark I have to enable SQUID (which I can only use temporarily because it screws with my users commenting).

What I need is a really robust backend that can cope with the traffic and more. I have two servers (one MySQL server and an HTTP server). I want to stay with this configuration if possible.

I also need a nice fresh and clean design (but the backend is the most important thing).

Can anyone recommend a good development company that can help me get this all together? I am so sick of having a site that feels pieced together on wordpress that I can't make major changes to for fear of the whole thing collapsing.

Many thanks,
Jamie

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Report: Microsoft Buys 100 Acres of Iowa Land for Data Center Web Hosting News 2014-08-04 12:02:25
Stanford Researchers Increase Cost Effectiveness of Cloud and Contribute to Cleantech Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:31:18
The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Cloud/Online Backup: Part 1 Blog 2014-04-24 13:27:32
CyrusOne to Open New Headquarters at Dallas Suburb Data Center Web Hosting News 2013-05-16 15:31:39
OnRamp Access to Construct Second Austin Data Center Web Hosting News 2013-02-28 10:45:40