Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmtnbkr View Post
    But this is sooooo off topic....mods, please close this thread.
    Its not really off topic, and you aren't the thread starter, so cannot exactly request it to be closed
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

If you are going to quote the law please be sure about what you are referring to. I don't know how the situation has been handled internally and I am quite sure Geekrack's competitors don't either so stop the speculation.

What I do know is that this is hardly the first time that a customer base or a subset of such has changed hands.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    If you are going to quote the law please be sure about what you are referring to.
    If you are referring to myself, I do know what I was quoting(if not just ignore me)

Quote Originally Posted by CrissicSolutions View Post
    Its not really off topic, and you aren't the thread starter, so cannot exactly request it to be closed
    Wasnt this thread about GR?

And we know how you love to jump all over them

AS far as i know...this isnt a legal discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by ctmtnbkr View Post
    Wasnt this thread about GR?

And we know how you love to jump all over them
    It is about GR, and the whole legal bit was too. I don't "jump all over them" -- I simply reply stating my opinions, as do other users
    Last edited by Skylar MacMinn; 04-12-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post

What I do know is that this is hardly the first time that a customer base or a subset of such has changed hands.
    I have no problem with that, do whatever is best, only issue i see is that my old account still exists on their system, which should not be transferred over to burst anyways. Cause i asked for termination a month back !! How save is my privacy going to be with burst, as i never signup with them nor do know their legal policies about sharing information to other parties. So, all in all GR should fully terminate/remove old clients info, or not hand over the cancelled customers details to anyone !!
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    I have no problem with that, do whatever is best, only issue i see is that my old account still exists on their system, which should not be transferred over to burst anyways. Cause i asked for termination a month back !! How save is my privacy going to be with burst, as i never signup with them nor do know their legal policies about sharing information to other parties. So, all in all GR should fully terminate/remove old clients info, or not hand over the cancelled customers details to anyone !!

As Skylar pointed out, since he seems to be the resident legal expert

You have a good point, but keep in mind that all legal businesses are required, by US law, to keep documents of client information for 7 years
    Last edited by ctmtnbkr; 04-12-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Did you verify that BurstNET got your details? If so I would consider pressing charges against GR possibly.

Your data should be safe with BurstNET for the most part, but if they did receive the data, and since you have no dealings with them, I would ask them to delete your information

There is a legal obligation to keep the information for a certian amount of time but if you terminated your account with them more than a month ago there was really no reason for them to forward your information to BurstNet , that in itself is a issue.
    TM Hosting
    http://www.tmhosting.net
    DDOS Firewalled Dedicated Servers
    Offering Semi-Managed services since 2003

agreed...this issue should be looked into by EB, if Burst has no record....end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by esks13 View Post
    There is a legal obligation to keep the information for a certian amount of time but if you terminated your account with them more than a month ago there was really no reason for them to forward your information to BurstNet , that in itself is a issue.

how much should we pay to burst???the same???

Im assuming you have heard from GR, if not, i would contact them to get your billing info.

Not sure what the arrangement is.......

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by royblue View Post
    how much should we pay to burst???the same???
    Yes they will bill you the same as you were paying GeekRack. (according to the email they dispatched.)

Quote Originally Posted by GeekRack View Post
    We will not be regrouping or re-organizing under any other brand outside of the Geek Rack name. We just felt that it was time for us to pull out of the dedi market for the time being. We will still be offering all other products and services that we carry at this time. ONLY DEDICATED SERVICES HAVE CEASED!
    Thank you for clarifying this! Good luck with your future endeavours

GR were a reseller for BurstNET, I guess they got fed up with all the negative reviews on WTH. Ohh well, thats what you get from a 1 man show. They just couldn't keep up with the load. By transferring all the accounts to Burst doesn't really mean anything to clients cause technically speaking they already WERE Burst' clients (just not invoiced by Burst).

I just hope GR takes some lessons learned out of this, though I'm not convinced by their responses in this thread that they have.

I mean, if all the problems were on the Burst side, as was pretty much the impression given to me over the three or four months that I was with them, I'd expect we'd see more Burst resellers complaining about the same thing or, if they were for some reason not willing to do so, their clients would be here complaining about the reseller.

I did find the GR people nice to deal with though and wish both they and their clients the best and really hope something has been learned.

I've certainly learned the importance of nightly back-ups, so been educational for me (or at least in moving me from a rather sloppy 'yeah, yeah, I know...do it tomorrow' way of thinking to 'get it done today'.).

Quote Originally Posted by DGR2U View Post
    I mean, if all the problems were on the Burst side, as was pretty much the impression given to me over the three or four months that I was with them, I'd expect we'd see more Burst resellers complaining about the same thing or, if they were for some reason not willing to do so, their clients would be here complaining about the reseller.
    What I do honestly find is that Burst is like their scapegoat. The only issues we have with burst is their setup times, which with enough hounding can be dwindled down to around 48 hours. If a company has problems they can easily just blame it on Burst, when it is their responsibility to answer tickets on time, and forward tickets on to burst if they can't resolve the issue. I have a number of tickets with Burst and have never waited longer than 40 minutes for a response. Again, Burst has been great for us, and the latest trend is to blame burst and either stop offering their servers, or just stop paying for them and take clients money like Vagu the moment they can't handle it. I can see a majority of the issues coming from the ammount of orders that come in in response to these sales, as well as lack of decent staff.

This may or may not be the case of GeekRack, but I am pretty sure you can make the connection.

In my opinion, Burst should have more control over it's resellers, or make a few more entry requirements for the application. As with reseller hosting, anyone can do it, being that Burst doesn't invoice their resellers until 2-3 weeks after delivery (average) it becomes an easy scam waiting to happen.

As for moving the clients directly to Burst, I think more should have been done to notify the clients that this was going to happen.

In my opinion, Burst should have more control over it's resellers, or make a few more entry requirements for the application. As with reseller hosting, anyone can do it, being that Burst doesn't invoice their resellers until 2-3 weeks after delivery (average) it becomes an easy scam waiting to happen.
    This is why a smart provider stays on top of things and pays in advance.
    Current Status: Coming up with ideas for a new SaaS.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy82 View Post
    GR were a reseller for BurstNET, Ohh well, thats what you get from a 1 man show.
    There not a 1man show technicaly they are a 1women + many reps that dont know **** show

Legal discalimer since shes threatened to sue me over a negitive review before:

** of course this is in my humble oppion and relfects oppions not fact For all I know her sales managers Iq mite be 40**
    Andrew Anderson
    Sales Manager
    NerdyHost.com

Can't blame the reps or the techs when the boss doesn't answer them or give them access to be able to do their jobs
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by TheHosted View Post
    Can't blame the reps or the techs when the boss doesn't answer them or give them access to be able to do their jobs
    Well no way , i think situation is somewhat reversed, the staff has way too much access, remember the day when their site was hacked and some jason dude was blamed for changing their nameservers , talk about having too little access
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Well no way , i think situation is somewhat reversed, the staff has way too much access, remember the day when their site was hacked and some jason dude was blamed for changing their nameservers , talk about having too little access
    After this and Chad getting fired, it was she was moving to a new Node then it was switching to Client Exec from WHMCS so NOONE had access to anything! She hired me to help train some of her tech support that needed help but how can I do tech support with no access to anything but tickets? No root logins or access to the Node. I think I had full access for less then 2 weeks and now nothing, after many messages on MSN and several emails she is simply ignoring her clients and staff! I did have a few dedicated clients on my messenger that have switched to my hosting as they were very happy with my support. But I truly think she just needs to learn who to trust and take access away before you fire someone Anyone who has employees should know that! Don't give them the chance to screw you over. She took Chad's access then fired him, there was nothing more too it. Jason was a whole different story. The week I was hired he was fired
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

<<snipped>>

You have to keep in mind the servers they resell. They have cheaper servers, because they are small Celerons with only 512MB ram, 60GB HDD, etc.

The largest reason why they can sell it so cheap is the fact that most of the hardware they are using are a few years old, and are not nearly as expensive as they used to be when they first came out (however they still do work, keep that in mind ).

I think the largest issue I have ever had with BurstNET was the setup times, and sometimes ticket responses, depending on what had to be done. The largest issue I have ever had was I had a ticket with no responses from their billing departement for over 13 days, but keep in mind they only had (maybe still only have) one staff for the billing, and their billing department is only open Monday-Friday from like 8-5 or so.

The largest reason why anybody has issues with their service would be their network, which appears as if they are finally working on it. Considering the fact that they are selling servers dirt cheap, you are getting rather good quality for what you pay for.

Remember: You get what you pay for.
    Last edited by Coolraul; 04-20-2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: competitor bashing

Quote Originally Posted by CrissicSolutions View Post

Remember: You get what you pay for.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Andrew Anderson
    Sales Manager
    NerdyHost.com

<<snipped>>
    It's a free market and arguing like you do could lead to absurd consequences, regardless industry.

BurstNET is not an "enabler of fraudulent behaviour" - claiming this is a very strong statement, which should be avoided if possible.
    Last edited by Coolraul; 04-20-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: competitor bashing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast