which antivirus for a windows 2003 server?

Hello,

Should I go for Kaspersky or Nod32 for a windows 2003 dedicated server? Or some other antivirus? Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Regards,
    Saibal.

Nod32 is the best bet in case of a Windows 2003 server. Another personal favorite is ClamAV. Never go for Symantec or McAfee.

Regards

Prashant

I use F-Prot for Windows find it quite light compared to the rest.

my recommendation is nod32

nod32 is good and lighweight.So my vote for nod32
    NOT a webhost!helping here just for the fun of it!
    G(r)eek inside.

I used F-Prot on windows server. I am moving that server now to softlayer, but they give free McAfee, so i will be using that.

I don't think there is not much difference in these software, go with any popular software.

Don't get misled by the popularity of the software. Symantec and McAfee are known to catch lesser viruses than ClamAV and F-Prot. I have also experienced Symantec getting corrupt by some viruses. I would suggest ClamAV which is free, F-Prot if the budget is low or Nod32 the best of the lot.

Regards

Prashant

Thanks for all the replies.

ClamAV - Should I run it on a server which is going to host around 50 sites?

F-Prot or Nod32 - My budget is low. But if Nod32 does a better job then F-Prot, then I will go for Nod32. But if both are more or less the same, I will go for F-Prot. So, a lot of difference in them?

Also, Nod32 has a costlier version (Smart Security) with Anti-Spyware and Firewall. If I go for Nod32, should I go for just the antivirus or the Smart Security package?

Thanks for all the replies.
    Saibal.

Oh, I am not going with Symantec or McAfee. I have had enough of them for a few lifetimes :p

We use NOD32 on all of our windows based servers.

Another vite here for Nod32 (Eset). They have been fantastic to work with.

So, Nod32 antivirus only? And should I run Windows Defender as the anti-spyware?

Or Nod32 Smart Security (A/V + Anti-spyware + Firewall)?

@Saibal

I would go for Kaspersky I find it light weight and it does the job of looking after my computers superbly
    The Friendly,Personal Service Hosting Company
    Offering Pure SSD Hosting Services, Infrastructure built for Reliability and Speed
    https://www.packet3hosting.com

We deploy FSecure to all of our Windows servers and have not found a better product line.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

We are running clamav in servers hosting more than 400 websites. And if you are ready to spend a few bucks, then F-Prot is the best bet. It catches more virus than ClamAV and even the home edition will do.

ESET (NOD32) here. The business edition supports servers out of the box and is pretty well priced in comparison.

We use it for customers networks, servers, and our hosted servers. The central management isn't awesome but it works.

Dan

Has anybody used Symantec Endpoint protection in Windows 2003 servers? If yes, then how is the performance and is it worth using?

+1 for NOD32. Been running it on all our Win2k3 servers for the last 3 years without a hitch.
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>