When is it time to move from shared hosting to vps

I dont believe any of these shared hosting providers are different from another except maybe pricing and 24/7 telephone/email support.
    So putting to rest which one is the "best", when do u decide that it is time for u to move on to a vps or dedicated server. what is the daily bandwidth that should make you realize that u need to move on to a better server before they cut u down cos u r taking up "too many resources"

what is the daily bandwidth that should make you realize that u need to move on to a better server before they cut u down cos u r taking up "too many resources"
    No such thing I'm afraid. It all varies with the application you're using, the shared hosting environment/server, and last but not least, the amount you're paying for the hosting. The less you pay, the less resources you can expect.

Depends do you have a Forum?
    If so i say when you have 20+ and 100 guest all at once just move to vps so in the long run when your host trys to cut you off saying you use to much resources you are on the safe side and can continue with your site

It all depends on what you are using your hosting account for. Things such as mailing lists, medium/high traffic forums, eCommerce applications with a large product database, etc. are all better on a VPS or dedicated server.

If you are currently with a reputable shared hosting provider they should be able to tell you when it is time to upgrade.
    Umbra Hosting
    cPanel | Softaculous | CloudLinux | CloudFlare Optimized Partner
    Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    UmbraHosting.com

Actually...shared hosts can be very different. Some (myself included) do NOT oversell and do NOT pack the servers to capacity, and treat customers with kindness and respect. That would be a big change from some of the shared hosts i've been with.

As stated, sites with huge databases, and high traffic sites tend to be better on a VPS or dedicated server. But also, it depends on the company's tolerance levels too. A shared host that oversells will be much less tolerant than one who does not.
    Mike
    HostMaxPro Web Hosting - High-Quality, low prices, no overselling. Go MaxPro.