Text console not working -- Supermicro IPMI

I have a SuperMicro server with AOC-SIM1U.

I was able to login from IPMI View just fine, and everything works as expected except
    "Text Console ". I was able to hit the start button and get the black screen on IPMI View, but that was just about it.

Only a cursor blinking without texts.

Is there something else that I should do in order to get text console working? I've tried all baud rates.

Did you enable serial console redirection in the BIOS? It's generally not turned on by default.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

serial console redirection is enabled on COM B, and console redirection after bios post is also enabled.

I rebooted the server a couple times, and what I found out was that I get all POST screens without any problem up until kernel is loaded. After that, all I get is blank screen. Strange. I even disabled splash image in grub.

Chong, thanks for the pointer. I didn't know that a configuration needs to be done on Linux in order to use serial console.

I added

s0:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS1 115200 --> /etc/inittab
    ttyS1 --> /etc/securetty

and everything works out fine.

Note that adding serial serial console configuration into grub.conf caused grub to freeze when booting up. -- I removed the configuration and I still can see/control grub menu.

After the kernel is loaded, the screen goes blank until all services are started.