Verizon and Yipes

One of the datacenters I was looking at mentioned they have Yipes and Verizon.

If you have to choose between these two who would you pick? and why?
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anantha View Post
    One of the datacenters I was looking at mentioned they have Yipes and Verizon.

If you have to choose between these two who would you pick? and why?
    Yipes has different connectivity in different markets, so it's tough to answer that question - however, I'd say you're better off being multihomed via yipes than singlehomed to uunet as long as they have a couple of decent providers.

What market would this be in?

Keep in mind Yipes is just a Level 3 reseller (and may have been purchased by Level 3, I don't feel like looking it up). Yipes should be substantially cheaper. If cost is not an issue go Verizon, if it is then go Yipes. Both will do you good.
    Matt Ayres - togglebox.com
    Linux and Windows Cloud Virtual Datacenters powered by Onapp / Xen
    Instant Setup, Instant Scalability, Full Lifecycle Hosting Solutions

www.togglebox.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseOne View Post
    Keep in mind Yipes is just a Level 3 reseller (and may have been purchased by Level 3, I don't feel like looking it up). Yipes should be substantially cheaper. If cost is not an issue go Verizon, if it is then go Yipes. Both will do you good.
    They were bought by FLAG - and they did/do have layer3 gear in a few cities which were multihomed (though, level3 was/is a constant).

Flag payed 300 Million for them and is pledging another 300 million in infrastructure development. You may see some decent international routes from them as the integration occurs. Multi home is always best but if I had to choose, hands down you will get better routes from AS701

Quote Originally Posted by cacheflymatt View Post
    Yipes has different connectivity in different markets, so it's tough to answer that question - however, I'd say you're better off being multihomed via yipes than singlehomed to uunet as long as they have a couple of decent providers.

What market would this be in?
    this would be in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseOne View Post
    I think they were purchased by Relianceglobalcom.

Both Yipes and Flag are owned by Reliance Globalcom.

Yipes I think still sends most of their traffic locally to their upstream providers, as they really don't have a nationwide IP network yet/still

Quote Originally Posted by colokid View Post
    Flag payed 300 Million for them and is pledging another 300 million in infrastructure development. You may see some decent international routes from them as the integration occurs. Multi home is always best but if I had to choose, hands down you will get better routes from AS701
    I dont understand. You say choose a multi-homed provider, but then you say AS701 (Verizon single-homed) is the best option.

Doesn't make sense

I meant if you have to choose one or the other.

Ah, gotcha.

Well, they just told me AT&T is also part of the options available.

between Verizon and AT&T, which one is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Anantha View Post
    Well, they just told me AT&T is also part of the options available.

between Verizon and AT&T, which one is better?
    AT&T, but it will likely be more costly on lower commits. But, as good as att can be with routes, it lacks in way of certain advantages such as blackhole communities. If it's not carrier direct, possibly see if you can't get a test ip on the specific networks to observe which will suit your hosting requirements the best.