VPS question , please help

Hello
    I just ordered a VPS few days ago, This is not a review, maybe in future but I have a question .
    The proplem is I have two files, each 100Mb, so two files : 200Mb, I use flashget to download it to my pc , the site will down everytime I download those two files from VPS . I am sure and tested many time. Site is under development and only me access it .

My site is about flash games, so the question is: The site will down (same as when I download 200Mb) if I have about 100 (or 200) users online to play flash games (each flash game 1Mb ~3Mb ) ???

thanks for your help .

H

If I understand you right - whenever you download your games over FTP (about 200mb) - your VPS crashes, the entire machine - not just the website itself??

How long is it before it starts working again? Do you have to reboot it?

I would be concerned, but your answers to the above questions will provide better information
    Orion Internet Services Ltd.
    Genuinely affordable UK-Based VPS and Website Hosting
    Tel: +44 (0) 845 8621431 -- Email: [email protected]

Is your VPS running on OpenVZ? If it is, use this command:
    cat /proc/user_beancounters

Check for the failcnts. It will tell you what resources have you exceeded.

When you meant "site will down everytime I download those two files from VPS", is it the whole VPS that is not responding or only the HTTPd is down?

Cheers.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

I am downloading those two files and can not open my site via http now, please access and tell me if you can open it . << snipped >>

thanks

download will finish next 1 hour or more from now

@Henri Cook after send pm to you I decided post my site here .

thanks all for your help
    Last edited by net; 04-09-2008 at 11:25 AM.

I saw in my vps power panel:
    System Usage
    Resource: capacity
    System : 21.33%

but still can not open my site . (only httpd is down), I can open vps power panel, login via ssh ...ect

thanks
    Last edited by niitpro; 04-09-2008 at 06:30 AM.

The site is not loading here.

If your VPS uses OpenVZ, please run the command I showed you just now. If it uses Xen, check if it is taking up swap.

Cheers.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

I dont know it is OpemVZ or Xen, my knowledge about Linux very little, I submited a ticket to ask them solve this issue, if they not, I will cancel their service .

thanks all for your help .

H
    Last edited by niitpro; 04-09-2008 at 07:38 AM.

@michaelfoo
    could you tell me about your VPS ? , Can I run some of my sites on your VPS without down as above ?

Hi,
    Self-advertisement is not allowed in this section of the forum

Anyway, our clients use our VPS to host their websites but I have not heard of any problem like this before. If there is such complaint, although our VPS are unmanaged, it is certainly worth a careful host node or VM check by me

Cheers.

ps: I will not answer to any SecureAX related queries here. If you're interested in our services, please drop me a PM instead.

@michaelfoo thanks
    @ all Mods: Please help me remove my url above (on #4)

thanks WHT

You're welcome

Not sure if this thread is getting the moderators' attention, but probably you can try here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/helpdesk/

Cheers.

Have any of your users complained about the issue?

Here's a possibility...if you're downloading the two large files via HTTP at the same time then it makes perfect sense that your site would be inaccessible to you. HTTP allows two connections from the same location at the same time. So, the big files are using your two connections, and your access to the site is blocked until one of them finished. Note: it is possible to override this limit in Windows with registry settings.

If that isn't the issue (like if you're using FTP for the files), I guess there could be some kind of restriction on the VPS itself preventing more than a certain number of connections from a single IP over any port or protocol. My guess is it is the first situation though.
    [Lurking Glass] <- Not a webhost.

@eviltechie Thanks

my site is underdevelopment, I will public it for members and ask them

Quote Originally Posted by niitpro View Post
    @michaelfoo thanks
    @ all Mods: Please help me remove my url above (on #4)

thanks WHT

As you wish.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001