Time to switch. Pls guide

I need a server to host my new website. Looking for some features like

1. PHP and mysql
    2. Dynamic loading on php
    3. The PHP is not multi-threading
    4. enable_dl should be enabled.
    5. safe_mode should be disabled
    6. The "disable function" list should be empty
    7. No limitation on mysql data - I might upload big data on my msql database over a period of time
    8. Daily Cron feature
    9. Custom php.ini
    10. multiple domain names hosting

In summary, I'm planning to install ChartDirector from http://www.advsofteng.com/cdphp.html

All the above features mentioned are necessary to install this project.

So, If I'm unable to configure this project on the server, they should offer money-back guarantee also.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. Currently, I'm hosting sites on Servage.net, but since they do not allow dynamic loading on php, so moving out. Budget around $5-$7 per month.

After reading user's review here, I've shortlisted Dreamhost and hostgator baby plan on linux. Need further guidance.
    Last edited by gkdoda; 04-09-2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Added shortlisted servers

Pretty standard features... either DH and HG will work for you. Do a search for reviews because there's many reviews on both companies. Good luck!
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Check the offers forum, and avoid oversellers.

You should be fine with most hosts, unless you plan to have a high-traffic website. The offers section has tons of web hosting offers that can suit you well.
    + Cheap and reliable shared, reseller hosting
    + Site Lane Web Hosting Solutions

Most companies will be able to provide what you need. As far as the specific PHP requirements I'd check with hosts that seem like they would meet your needs to see if their specific settings match your requirements.

Good luck with the search!
    :: 1StopWebHosting.com :: - Professional Web Hosting Services
    ::
    :: Featuring the CPanel Control Panel running on CENTOS Linux servers
    :: We offer Shared Web Hosting, Business Hosting, Java / J2EE Servers and Dedicated Server solutions.

Just got email from HostGator. Enable_dl is not enabled on their shared hosting. Seems, I've to consider DreamHost now.

I don't know whats up with the responses above but very few hosts are actually going to have enable_dl enabled. If the host is using apache module based then I'd say it's almost a guarantee it's not going to be enabled as the loaders from one user can affect another.

But even if the host is using say suPHP I doubt they'll enable it still due to the security issues of someone loading their own dll's into PHP.

So in the OP's case I think you're best paying a bit more and getting a VPS. You're going to find almost 0 reliable hosts who are going to allow dl().
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Hmm... will your site needs so much space and bandwdidth?
    Dreamhost is ok if you are using static pages, but the script that you are going to use will surely overload their servers and get you suspended. Read their TOS for cpu usage limit and you'll understand.
    Always remember that you'll get what you payed for.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Finally made payment to Dreamhost yesterday night. But even after 12 hrs., no email for username and password, although got reciept from google checkout. Already send email to support team.

Does anybody know how much time they will take for account setup?

Thanks
    GK

Quote Originally Posted by gkdoda View Post
    Finally made payment to Dreamhost yesterday night. But even after 12 hrs., no email for username and password, although got reciept from google checkout. Already send email to support team.

Does anybody know how much time they will take for account setup?
    I believe it should be within 24 hours, since its a weekday.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    I believe it should be within 24 hours, since its a weekday.
    He is right !