Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

McHost puts 2,285 accounts on each server?

from their website..."MCHost is the leader of managed private-label reseller plan solutions for hosting companies in over 80 countries, powering over 2000 large web hosts and managing over 80,000 websites worldwide. "

I heard they have 35 servers for their resellers... so that means..

80,000 divide 35 servers = 2,285 accounts per server...

DAMN, that's a lot of accounts... esp when these servers are just standard P3 boxes... no wonder why the loads are always high
      0 Not allowed!

Re: McHost puts 2,285 accounts on each server?

Originally posted by universal2001
    80,000 divide 35 servers = 2,285 accounts per server...
    You might want to ask for the facts directly at the source before posting false statements on a public forum. We now have 90 servers in total, 35 for reseller plans and the rest are semi-dedicated and dedicated (mostly).

How many websites our dedicated clients put on their servers is up to them, we simply manage the servers.
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com
      0 Not allowed!

lol thats alot of sites...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by universal2001
    no wonder why the loads are always high
    Do you have an account with us?
      0 Not allowed!

well i was right on saying that you got 35 servers for resellers..

How many accounts do you put on each one?
      0 Not allowed!

lol, how long have you put this on your sig tag:

"-VirtualCP Control Panel Software Coming Soon-"
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!
      0 Not allowed!

Just wondering if you have an account with us or why you think the loads are high
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

Guys... Im just wondered why some of you once something crosses your mind, straight away type webhosttalk.com in your browsers and make a new threat ! From where did you get this statement ? It's really impossible to host that much amount per sites per server. It's 10% more than overloaded.

I believe reliable web hosting providers do not allow more than C1 Class ( 256 ) sites per their server. I've heard some are overloading it with 500-700. But C'mon, 2285 sites ?

Marc, Take it easy friend.
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

guys, this is not a threat! I was simply curious to know
    If a webhost advertises something, they should back it up with evidence, otherwise a user will no doubt raise that question with community members...
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!
      0 Not allowed!

wohoo i have just become a web host guru 300 posts
      0 Not allowed!

I guess he meant thread not threat
    321Host-It Internet Services
    http://www.321host-it.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Gernot
    I guess he meant thread not threat
    Take it easy, he just wanted to made his No. 300 Post.

PS: universal2001, as a web hosting guru it's not nice to see you made such thread. You are guru man

Have phun friend.
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by HeadMaster

I believe reliable web hosting providers do not allow more than C1 Class ( 256 ) sites per their server. I've heard some are overloading it with 500-700. But C'mon, 2285 sites ?
    Not necessarily, a dual P3 scsi machine can easily handle more than 255 sites, if they are all static html sites that only do a small amount of bandwidth each.

It's easy enough to bind multiple C classes to a machine too, so the IP's on the machine aren't really the limiting factor.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy
      0 Not allowed!

HeadMaster,

Would you mind telling people to take it easy? I haven't seen one threat or any 'BEWARES' yet, nor any backstabbing comments made by any members.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.
      0 Not allowed!

does the 80,000 include the sites hosted on your customers dedicated servers?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: McHost puts 2,285 accounts on each server?

Yes, I believe sites hosted on the dedicated servers are included in the 80,000 total.
    Originally posted by Kiwi
    How many websites our dedicated clients put on their servers is up to them, we simply manage the servers.
      0 Not allowed!

hehe, and now, someone will ask how much profit they make... come on, some companies don't even disclose how much clients/servers they have...
      0 Not allowed!

you can host thousands of sites on one server, I know this for a fact, over 4000 domains hosted on a single server, no load issue, no bandwidth issues, none, they run all the time.
      0 Not allowed!

I love the "number of domains per server" argument. It's so funny. My friend has a top of the line server and he fits a whopping 1 site on it. Gee, maybe this might have something to do with the fact that the site pushes 450GB/mth and uses about 29GB of storage space.

Might the number of domains per server have something to do with what each domain has been promised as far as disk space and data transfer??

Servers will always be populated as per the revenue they produce, not the "number of domains". Almost every host will populate their servers to a certian revenue level. I'd doubt there's hosts out there who populate a server as per the actual number of domains.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, exactly...

I mean, what if a server had thousands of domains hosted on it, yet each account pulled in 0 MB of bandwidth per month and took up 0 MB of disk space? (Not to say that many companies have something like this going on, though.)
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I love the "number of domains per server" argument.
    There is no argument Bob. :-) As soon as one offers unlimited domains, to 1, 2 or even 20 clients on a single server, the reins have been dropped and the chances of that box presenting problems down the track is largely increased. The "even one site can bring a server to its knees" spin is not part of this additional risk because it has and will always be part of the overall risk, if you follow what I mean.

Cheers

Gary
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Editor
    There is no argument Bob. :-) As soon as one offers unlimited domains, to 1, 2 or even 20 clients on a single server, the reins have been dropped and the chances of that box presenting problems down the track is largely increased. The "even one site can bring a server to its knees" spin is not part of this additional risk because it has and will always be part of the overall risk, if you follow what I mean.[/B]
    I follow exactly what you mean Gary.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Although this thread has a stupid Title (and the initial post isn't much better -- bored were we universal2001?) it hit the fan and then Marc stepped in it.

The first post tried to make a statement using unsubstantiated information.
    The second post tried to cover & vilify that statement by using unsubstantiated information.

from their website..."MCHost is the leader of managed private-label reseller plan solutions for hosting companies in over 80 countries, powering over 2000 large web hosts and managing over 80,000 websites worldwide. "
    If that statement is true, you should have "facts" or at least imperical data to back it up, and someone makes a proper request to MCHost for the information, would be a lot better then dissing & dashing words here.

If the statement is not true (I don't believe most Marketing claims anyway) then MCHost would be doing a service to either correct the numbers or remove the statement. Or, why not just provide proof on your Web site, as to how these numbers are ascertained? Any claim made in Advertising must be answered and verified, when asked about it. Truth in Advertising, false advertising laws, something along those lines is what comes to my mind.

For anyone else trying to "do the math" you'll note that "managing 80,000 web sites" is mentioned; as opposed to "hosting" -- big difference.

[Edit: to remove any ambiguity, when I say I don't believe most Marketing claims, that applies to 99% of all companies in any industry.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. ]
    Last edited by Website Rob; 08-21-2002 at 02:49 AM.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available
      0 Not allowed!

Marc, what is the max number of customers or resellers that you put on one server?

Same question for AussieBob?

Inquiring minds want to know.
      0 Not allowed!

Marc, you forgot to explain why you've been advertising "VirtualCP coming soon" for more than 6 months. What's your definition of 'soon'?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast