Opinions on Edge-host and Hostpacket?

I've been considering reseller accounts from both of these hosts. They both have really good packages although hostpacket has had problems as of late. But I'm very skeptical of Edge-host's ability to stay profitable with their pricing scheme. 90GB BW for $32 seems way to cheap.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thumbs up

For me HostPacket is doing great. They had 2 problems with Hackers, but so far is doing great. I got 2 accounts, one just for a backup of the first one, and they helped me out doing the wget transfers. They have GREAT support, go for it.

Regards, WilliamK - www.dashsite.com

Both Edge-Host and HostPacket are WHT members,,,they will be giving you their opinions as soon as they see your post...so wait a little for the explanations....

Originally posted by williamk
    For me HostPacket is doing great. They had 2 problems with Hackers, but so far is doing great. I got 2 accounts, one just for a backup of the first one, and they helped me out doing the wget transfers. They have GREAT support, go for it.

Regards, WilliamK - www.dashsite.com
    Hackers? I thought it was a problem with their provider, or is this an addition?

Originally posted by ForumsAddict
    Both Edge-Host and HostPacket are WHT members,,,they will be giving you their opinions as soon as they see your post...so wait a little for the explanations....

I actually decided to stay out of this. If I were to post what I thought about Edge-Host I would say that it is the best host ever and stuff like that.

I think this guy/girl wants our clients opinions

phpcoder:

By the way, I just just curious to know where customers go to sign-up for your services?

Originally posted by phpcoder
    http://billing.edge-host.com

Ah, I see!

For many days now I've just been seeing that light-green splash page. Was the site released today? Or did I just have that outdated page in my cache for an extremely long time?

We uploaded that site yesterday.... The layout we were working on, www.edge-host.com/layout , was taking forever to complete. So upon popular request we got a temporary design up until we can complete a full blown automated site (don't expect soon ).

Well I've been with Edge-Host for about a month, after getting out of that terrible Cyberwings fiasco. Before Cyberwings, I have been with 2 or 3 different hosts. So far, Edge-Host has provided everything they claimed. Uptime has been great so far. I monitor it using Internetseer.com and so far, it has not shown an outage

Service has been excellent, the best I have received so far. I talk to Kelser through AIM or ICQ whenever I have problems (he's the owner of EH), and he usually replies in a couple of minutes. He's online a lot so it's not too hard to get a hold of him. I think there are two other staff members as well (phpcoder being one of them).

Hmmm.. I really can't think of anything else to say.. There have been no problems for me so far, so there is not much to talk about. If you have any questions for me, send me an e-mail at layzee|at|whotek.com, or through ICQ 1863204 or AIM nintendo8bit. Hope that helps.

I've heard a lot of negative things about HostPacket lately (recent problems), but Edge-Host uses Cogent, so they can provide such cheap bandwidth. For cogent, traceroutes are pretty good to billing.edge-host.com (around 33ms stable, usually cogent is 60+ms unstable).

- Matt