Need help choosing a dedicated server.

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I'm hoping I can find some real advice from people that have real experience.

Needs:
    100mbit line
    At least 1TB webspace storage
    2TB bandwith

Hardware wise I'm not sure what I need but it needs to do the following simultaneously.

Run TorrentFlux, a XDCC serving bot on IRC, and host a website with direct downloads.

I want to be able to serve multiple needs at the same time.

My budget isn't a lot around $100/month but I may pay a bit more depending on what I get. I don't know much about dedicated servers so please educate me, I am willing to learn. Another thing I need is that I am located in Canada and it must be fast to interface with me. Stability/ease of use is another biggie but thats not so much a problem as I have people that can teach me.

You budget is pretty low for this, it would almost have to be offshore, check out the offers forum.

Well I guess I'm asking for too much for too little. 500Gb would be enough, and 1TB monthly transfer would be okay.

That's really tough, though check the offers forum. You might be able to grab a celeron for that low with that much space, but keep in mind you'll likely give up speed to get space, and speed might end up being your bottle neck before you use all of that space...

Goodluck.

Zak
    CEO of SingleHop

Those demands are kind of hard to meet. You may find some luck with a Burst.NET reseller, or check the dedicated server forums.
    - Providing premium web hosting solutions since 2003
    |Managed Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting | Web Design | Server Management |

Quote Originally Posted by ServerPlace4NET View Post
    Those demands are kind of hard to meet. You may find some luck with a Burst.NET reseller, or check the dedicated server forums.
    burst doesn't allow irc, but it'll fit the rest.