Hosting for sites using Coppermine Photo Gallery

Hi

I'm looking for a host which I can use for hosting sites using Coppermine Photo Gallery - meaning that they must allow large files to be uploaded and rotated/cropped/resiezed by GD/Image Magick. They should offer that I can host at least 6 different domains with the same package.

Any ideas?

Any ideas to another script than Coppermine Photo Gallery I can use?

Hi

Most hosting companies that support CPANEL "FANTASTICO" should also support Coppermine 100%, but just be sure to contact your potential host and make sure they will work to allow you to upload larger PICTURES as some restrict it to 2mb etc.. but some hosts will allow you to change that to 100mb so on.

Good luck!
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Here are a few more image galleries:

4images Gallery
    Gallery

However Coppermine is probably the best! How large are the files you are looking to manage?
    Quality Web Hosting at its Best!
    100% Satisfaction Guaranteed | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Hosting Solutions
    www.QualityHostOnline.com - Proudly Serving Thousands of Customers Since 2001

The largests are probably 2 - 3 MB!

I have understood that when you use GD/Image Magick for resizing/rotating/cropping it takes a lot of resources

2 - 3 MB is a small file size. That should not be ANY issue with any reasonable host.
    Quality Web Hosting at its Best!
    100% Satisfaction Guaranteed | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Hosting Solutions
    www.QualityHostOnline.com - Proudly Serving Thousands of Customers Since 2001

yeah but still even if it's just 2 or 3mb if its processing images... and there are like 100 people doing it at the same time... it could bring a server down... not too sure how i can help you xana, i would say try a good reliable host and see if it works, if not try another one until you find the one you like ^_^;

There are not going to be more than max 2 persons doing it at the same time - but I might get into memory-limits according to the below:

Here are some common image resolutions and their memory use in GD (assuming
    RGB):
    800 x 600 - 1.37 MB
    1024 x 768 - 2.25 MB
    1200 x 1600 - 5.49 MB
    Last edited by pesnax; 04-08-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Layout

I think most hosts should be able to accommodate you, I recommend you contact the hosts directly you consider, explaining what you will be hosting, and your requirements, before signing up to ensure they can meet them.

You should give ByetHost a try.

I've been using their paid hosting as a testbed for a upcoming site of mine, along with that I also host a Coppermine gallery that has many of my Digital Photos with sizes of some at 5-10MB each and I have no problem with server lag.