* Going 4 VPS , some feedback please.

i.e after i purchased unmanaged vps hosting(linux) wat controle panel i would be facing??

I can download any software or o.s requred to gain practicle xperiance , please let me know the indegrents requred .

thanks in advance.

Moved To VPS Forum.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

if you are going to try to buy a vps then most hosts will throw in a control panel that fits the OS for free with unlimited hosting. Check the offers section and google.
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

Quote Originally Posted by toy_boy View Post
    I can download any software or o.s requred to gain practicle xperiance , please let me know the indegrents requred .
    Your' right - with an unmanaged VPS, you'll be able to install anything you'd like. The answer of what to install really depends on what you're trying to do - if you want to get experience with system administration I'd forgo a control panel and go through the exercise of getting a web server, mail server, FTP server, etc. up and running so you know exactly how it works. One good thing about (most) VPS providers, you can reimage our VPS on the fly, so if you experiment and muck things up you can start over with no problems.

On the other hand, if you want to get a functional server up and running as quickly as possible, a control panel is a good choice. Plesk and CPanel are two of the more common choices, I'd recommend check with your hosting provider to see if any are included with your VPS.

If you want a free control panel LXadmin is probably one of the most functional out there.

Usually if your provider has hyperVM, 99% chance they will have a Lxadmin OS template you can use for free.
    -- Adam