Looking For an Affordable ASP .NET 2.0 Host

I am in need of a good asp .net 2.0 host that is reasonably priced. I own a small business so I don't have a huge budget. I already run my websites on a LAMP hosting account but am going to be developing a web application in asp.net since I know it better than PHP, this hosting will be soley for this web app so I won't need alot of space but I should be able to easily upgrade any monthly transfer limits when needed. VPS solutions with full admin access and remote desktop is prefered but I am not sure if it would be in my price range, I am hoping to keep it below $20 per month. I am already paying $8.50 per month for my shared LAMP hosting.

If their would happen to be an all-in-one VPS account for around $30 per month or less that would allow me to run my websites which require LAMP and my web app which will require asp .net 2.0 in one that would be great but I am not so sure all of that can be offered in one stable box.

It would be difficult to find a reliable VPS solution with your budget. Hence, it will be advisable to go for a shared hosting at the moment. You go through the Shared hosting offers section here to find the right host for you. Be sure to check the reviews of the host that you choose.

Good luck!
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

$20 budget is good enough to get a decent windows hosting package
    There are some other criteria you might consider such as control panel, MSSQL 2000/2005 database ...
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

Hello Ryan and welcome to WHT!

Your budget looks good and you are at the right place to do some research. I would try some searches, come up w/ a list of potential providers and then contact them. Most will provide a trial account for you to test their services.

Hope this helps and good luck w/ your search!

Well I've been thinking of what I need exactly. I would like to get it all in one box. Are their any VPS windows hosts with Apache, PHP, MySQL, MsSQL, ASP .NET

Because some of my existing stuff requires apache, php, and mysql. The asp .net app will require that and MsSQL. Is it possible to find all of that together in a VPS package? I know I would have full admin access and can set it up that way but it might be easier if it comes preinstalled like that because I am not sure how I would get Apache to reconzie and phrase the asp .net code, but I am sure it's possible.

Another option would be a WAMP host, and install .net and iis, configure iis to work on a port other than 80. use apache, mysql, and php for the stuff on my shared hosting. iis and .net for the asp .net web app.

Ryan,

Why not use IIS for everything? IIS can manage PHP too.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Exactly, you don't need apache to run MySQL and PHP...
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

jodohost offers free trial, you may test it out.. i have found them good

I dont know if your search is over, but I recommend Soft Sys hosting.

Support is very friendly. I needed an additional domain on my account but am unable to afford the extra fee, so one of the guys knocked up 50% and created an invoice. I can pay whenever I need to (he said 3 or something months)

If you were going for a Windows VPS, then IIS will do it all. However, the budget you have given ($30) is probably a little on the low side for a suitable VPS.

In which case......

To go for Windows shared hosting is the other option (apart from raising your budget a little) - for this your proposed budget is fine.
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

Quote Originally Posted by masfenix View Post
    I dont know if your search is over, but I recommend Soft Sys hosting.

Support is very friendly. I needed an additional domain on my account but am unable to afford the extra fee, so one of the guys knocked up 50% and created an invoice. I can pay whenever I need to (he said 3 or something months)
    Thanks for the recommendation. Glad that we could be of help to you

Regards,
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

I agree with masfenix. I have a reseller account setup with softsyshosting.com for some of my customer's websites. Support has been very responsive and service has been very good for the price that I am paying.

Keep up the good work !!!