need pdu recommendations

I need recommendations on SNMP pdu's. I am looking at Baytech now and maybe APC.

What are my other options that you have had good experience with. It has to have SNMP support that is a requirement.

Ditto on that - especially ones that also have an integrated ATS.

anyone else. What pdu's do you use in your racks?

It depends on what you are using, if you have a cabinet then I suggest the APC AP7930 -- Good price for what you get, high quality APC however I'm not exactly sure if it has SNMP, it does support remote reboot, etc.
    VEXXHOST, Inc.
    Secure & Reliable Hosting Solutions for Developers & Enterprises
    High Performance OpenStack® Public Cloud | Cloud Servers | Web Hosting

let me give more detail. I need the pdu to mount in a rack.

I need to be able to manage all the ports individually. I need to be able to turn on/off and reboot all ports and shut off ports I am not using. I need to be able to do this via a network management connection.

We use the APC AP7930 series for all of our racks, and they're great. They do support SNMP.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

ok thanks I was looking at an APC model. I will check out the 7930 since I have 2 users that have offered that now.

Anything else from anyone? What about tripplite?

APC, hands down.

We've had more issues with fewer BayTech units, ports dieing, etc. With the APCs the only issue we've had is one that didn't configure properly initially and we needed to reload it and then one that had the SNMP side fail and needed to be rebooted. Those are all the failures I can think of, and we currently have 100+ of them in our data center and have been using them for a couple years now. I recommend them highly. Anything in the APC AP79xx series is great.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Ok who is the best place to get the APC units from? I am looking for the best price.

Best price I have seen so far for the 7900 is $386.00 or so without shipping.

+1 to APC if you need SNMP, if not there are a number of less expensive choices. we even have one from dell
    [URL="http://www.careermarketplace.com"]

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShark View Post
    Ok who is the best place to get the APC units from? I am looking for the best price.
    We usually get our APC gear from Provantage. I'm not sure how they do it, but their prices are always significantly better than other companies.

http://www.provantage.com/
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Thanks for the information on provantage.

Once you get your quote from Provantage, get an account at CDW.com, and get assigned an account rep. CDW will beat Provantage's prices, I've never had Provantage underprice CDW. The real secret is CDW way overcharges on shipping, and if you tell them they need to cut their shipping prices to be competitive, they practically make shipping free.

Quote Originally Posted by mhalligan View Post
    Once you get your quote from Provantage, get an account at CDW.com, and get assigned an account rep. CDW will beat Provantage's prices, I've never had Provantage underprice CDW. The real secret is CDW way overcharges on shipping, and if you tell them they need to cut their shipping prices to be competitive, they practically make shipping free.
    Good tip there, thanks ! We have bought many of the APC units from Provantage.

good information Dimension4. I will create an account at CDW as see what happens.