Rating of Hosting Providers

Hey how would rate hostgator and liquidweb support on a scale of 5.

I see a lot of positive and negative for HostGator, but you have to remember rarely will people ever recommend a host, but most of them will complain.
    Hosted with ReliableSite.Net.

Yes thats right but I want someone to rate their support coz i wana know how good is it

Well, they both get positive comments here and as BKerry says that's rarer than positive, so a good sign.

You should also keep in mind that Liquidweb owns two data centers and for support rating it is top notch, most of times they do respond in 5-10 minutes.
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services

thanks kerry and brookie for your inputs but i was hoping if people could rate them on a scale of 5.

I would rate LiquidWeb a 4.5 as I have used them in the past. the only reason I don't rate them a 5 is because there's always room for improvement. I have never used HostGator's services so I do not know about them.
    Umbra Hosting
    cPanel | Softaculous | CloudLinux | CloudFlare Optimized Partner
    Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    UmbraHosting.com

I would say they both are at a 4. They both target a different set of people imo...

Google is your friend Search "Hostname review" on WHT or Google
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

i would rate bluehost 4.5

I think that everyone here has own rating. And you rating might be lower or higher. I think if you are going to sign up for web hosting company you should expect never use their support.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Unless the person has actually used the company any rating is pretty much meaningless.

Everyones needs are different in selecting a hosting company. What works for me may not work for you and visa versa.

Good luck in finding the right host for you.

There is no objective criteria to rate someone except their own customers. To be honest I have to say that I didn't see any objective web hosting ratings site or system... at least not big enough. There were some directories which allowed review submissions within the last few years but they lost their credibility after the boom of "top web hosting" sites.

Something I find reasonable is to come to WHT or to other popular website service forums and to ask for reviews.. This is the only thing you'd trust..
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Quote Originally Posted by mukhtadir View Post
    thanks kerry and brookie for your inputs but i was hoping if people could rate them on a scale of 5.
    Well I have dabbled with Hostagtor and had an online technical chat with Liquidweb (and read reviews of them here), and on that basis they would both be on any short list I would have for future hosting needs...but I don't think scoring them would add anything.

amc,

I doubt making complaints via a livechat is going to get anywhere, lodge a ticket so that it can be escalated to the next level (or management). Livechat doesn't have much of a management structure and is primarily only for sales purposes for most providers.

It would be sort of like walking up to a greeter at Walmart & telling them their technical support is insufficient.. you won't get far.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I recommend namecheaphosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by samerfaissal View Post
    I recommend namecheaphosting.com
    Do you have a domain with them?
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music