Cell Phone Cell Phone ...

Hello,

I'm looking for two cell phones for me and my girlfriend. I'm in US. I want to buy two indentical phones and a plan for us. Do you have any good suggestions?

What provider offers the best coverage varies a lot by your location, but at least as recently as last week Sprint was running an offer of a $70 rebate on any phone and a $200 rebate if you buy two phones. With a rebate of $100 per phone it's a pretty good deal.

I picked up a TouchPoint 5250, same phone a friend paid $200 for a few months ago, for $60 after the rebate.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I would go with Sprint, they are the first to be utilizing an upgraded network nationwide. I'm going to purchase one of those new vision plans in the next few days Cool phones too with color screens. www.sprintpcs.com if you want to check it out online.
    Jordan Bouvier

A lot depends on your usage. Are you using it locally or nationwide? Sometimes the local service isn't that good for the big Nationwide carriers. I do a lot of local usage and don't travel across the country at all. I use Alltel and their service is pretty reliable locally. However, if I traveled a lot and needed Nationwide service I might look into other options.
    I personally don't care what the phone costs... service is more important to me.

Personally, I love the Motorola V60. You can get pretty good service in most metro areas from Voicestream...

And... you can get free phones (up to 5) from Amazon... Not a bad deal.

- James

I've had good luck with ATT Wireless.

Actually I've been thinking about switching to AT&T and the Motorola V60. It's the setup my gf has, and her phone works in a lot of places mine doesn't -- like the first floor of my house, and at her office.

I first went with Sprint about 4 years ago, because at the time they were the only carrier that serviced most of the cities I needed to travel to for work. At the time they had no coverage in Cleveland, but that was the only place important to me that they didn't have, and everyone else was missing a few.

But if not for that, if I were shopping today I probably wouldn't choose them for service in the NYC metro area.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I've gone all over and only lost coverage a couple times, and that was because I was in a forest about 5 miles from a rural town.

Guys,

Thanks for the inputs. Do they still have any good deal on two phones? What about the plans? Which one you using? I think I need about 500 mins nartionwide (actually we are in the same area, in case we are out of town) a month just back and forth with my girlfriend. I'm looking at ATT, Verizon, and SprintPCS.

I've had really good luck with Cingular. On their local calling plans they now have "rollover" minutes so if you don't use your core minutes from one month, they are added onto the next month and so on. I dont' think they offer this on their national plans though. Their customer support has been good too.

You might want to try looking at this site, it will display maps of any wireless radio tower in the USA that is registered with the FCC. Sometimes you can tell what companies use which towers, othertimes you can't. This way, hopefully you can tell who has good coverage in your area.