php 4 faster than 5?

I've read that php 4 is faster than 5, is this true? I'm not sure which one I should use to host my invision powerboard. It's the only php/mysql site on the server.

Whether it's true or not isn't nearly important as the fact that support for php 4 is gone soon seeing as it was declared End of Life.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

php 5 is faster imo.

eaccelerator helps
    DigitalGoods.info
    FREE Shared, Mega Resellers + Dedicated Servers

We host thousands php+mysql forums, we see php4 is faster and consume less resource.

It may be because of PHP5 is more Object oriented...which anyway seems to take more resource usage...so looks like PHP 5 will take more resource...in my server too php5 takes more resource than php4 apilications....

PHP4 is not faster, nor does it have a smaller footprint. In fact the opposite is true; PHP5 is a large improvement in this department, notably with its reference model. Where PHP4 passes memory copies around without a care, PHP5 is much more careful. There's a great number of benchmarks available online, and a great article in php architect a few months back. Check for the covers, it has a race car on it (can't remember precise volume right now).

PHP4 is at EOL - move along The grass is greener on the PHP5 side of the fence!
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog