hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Reviews on Peerless Machines?

Forum Jump

Reviews on Peerless Machines?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 04:16 AM

Reviews on Peerless Machines?

Could anyone tell me if they heard of this hosting company is OK? I checked they speed and it's ok, the prices are great as well,but i haven't seen much reviews

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2008, 01:44 AM
Web Hosting Guru

i have a nightmare with them since november of 2007.

i bought a reseller hosting from them with special promotion with only USD 99 for 50GB Space, free clientexec and domain.

after sign up, i request my free clientexec, the owner Nick. H. told me to wait for 1 week.

after 1 month, i request again, he told me free clientexec is for new acc sign up only.

another 1 month, i received notice from them about server migration, so i have to update all of my client domain name server.

few month later, another message to inform me server migration again. so i have to update my client domain dns again. major of my client complain why always change server.

recently, my client user account suspend by them without notice until my client ask me why. after talk with Nick H. he ask me to pay USD 25 for unsuspend the client account and request me to move out those user. so i move to other server.

1 week later, another client acc suspend without notice and after i contact them, they ask me to upgrade my reseller package to dedicated server.

such a poor service, so i decide to move out all my client data.

i have 10+ client host at their server, but they only give me 24 hours to backup my data. "No extensions shall be granted, sorry." said Nick. H.

i really cant stand on it.

very bad service from Peerless Machines

(they not provide free domain for me too)

Old 04-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachen View Post
i have a nightmare with them since november of 2007.
There are 2 sides to every story

Quote:
i bought a reseller hosting from them with special promotion with only USD 99 for 50GB Space, free clientexec and domain.
Right.

Quote:
after sign up, i request my free clientexec, the owner Nick. H. told me to wait for 1 week.
Not sure what you're talking about here. I wouldn't tell you to wait a week to get a license...

Quote:
after 1 month, i request again, he told me free clientexec is for new acc sign up only.
We would not give a ClientExec license to this customer because he wanted to host it on a domain that was not located on our server. As per our license agreement with ClientExec, we cannot allow this.

Quote:
another 1 month, i received notice from them about server migration, so i have to update all of my client domain name server.

few month later, another message to inform me server migration again. so i have to update my client domain dns again. major of my client complain why always change server.
This is correct - we did move servers twice while you were with us. Once when we were upgrading our server, and once when we moved all our accounts over to BurstNET. Both times you had custom DNS setup, so all you had to do was update the IPs. Your customers didn't have to update any DNS, so please do not lie.

Quote:
recently, my client user account suspend by them without notice until my client ask me why. after talk with Nick H. he ask me to pay USD 25 for unsuspend the client account and request me to move out those user. so i move to other server.
The end user's account was suspended because it was crashing our server. Plain and simple. If a user is crashing the server, we suspend the account and ask them to cut back on their resource usage or leave. Before the vultures come here, this has absolutely nothing to do with space usage or bandwidth usage as most of these accounts were using less than 5 GB bandwidth - the simple fact of the matter is that the accounts were CPU intensive and caused the server to crash.

Quote:
1 week later, another client acc suspend without notice and after i contact them, they ask me to upgrade my reseller package to dedicated server.
Again, the user was suspended due to resource usage. I did give him the ultimatum of upgrading to a server or leaving simply due to the fact that his accounts are clearly not suited for a shared hosting environment.

Quote:
such a poor service, so i decide to move out all my client data.
Incorrect, WE asked YOU to leave because EVERY WEEK one of your users was crashing the server. We cannot allow 1 reseller to disrupt the entire server with other resellers on it. Asking you to leave was the best decision I've made in awhile. Since you've been off the server, it's not had any problems (surprise, surprise).

Quote:
i have 10+ client host at their server, but they only give me 24 hours to backup my data. "No extensions shall be granted, sorry." said Nick. H.
You're right - we weren't going to leave the accounts unsuspended that were crashing the server for more than 24 hours. Even with the DNS entries removed, they were still causing small issues here and there. We gave you 24 hours to obtain your data - and didn't end up cutting off the account for 36 hours.

Quote:
i really cant stand on it.

very bad service from Peerless Machines
I'm very sorry you feel this way. However, any hosting provider will tell you that if your accounts are consuming excessive resources causing the server to slow/crash, you will be suspended. If we add up all the administrative costs related to the outages and problems your accounts caused, it wasn't worth keeping you onboard.

Quote:
(they not provide free domain for me too)
You never asked for one, so I fail to see where this applies.

Concerned about security? Secure, Control & Monitor Access to Your Logins

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Web Hosting Master

Looks like this is going to get interesting... *subscribes*

Seriously though, I don't see anything Peerless Machines have done wrong here. Not sure about the license thing, no evidence either way, but account suspension is perfectly acceptable, if they are crashing the server.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Community Liaison

Political Monster, having worked for clientexec in the past helping provide support to their end users I can confirm what Nick has stated is the way internal license reselling is done. You need to have the clientexec on one of your IP's it can't be placed on another outside domain.

I also don't see any fault in how Nick handled this, quite frankly he did not have to give them any time if he did not choose to. One client/reseller can not be allowed to be disrupting service to everyone else on a shared environment (can you imagine how your other customers would feel if any host allowed this?).

Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog

Old 04-15-2008, 06:28 PM

I was a customer at Peerless Machines for about 5 months, and had an overall pleasant experience. Their prices were cheap, response times to tickets were fast, and I didn't have any big problems.

My only minor concern was an email I received:
Quote:
As was previously announced on December 20, 2007, we no longer accept PayPal as a payment method effective January 1, 2008. In its place, we now accept all credit and debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo. In addition, we will be accepting all of their International counterparts including Visa Electron, Visa Delta, Maestro, Switch, Solo, etc.

Our records show that you still have not updated your account with your card information. This is now our FIFTH request for you to do so. Please note that if this information is not updated within 24 hours, we will be forced to SUSPEND YOUR ACCOUNT.
My account was paid for for another 7 months, so I was rather upset at being asked to enter my credit card information or have my account suspended. However, Nick apologized and stated that it wasn't required, but rather recommended to make sure I didn't have a service interruption later when my billing date did come up.

Overall, a pleasant experience, and any problems were resolved quickly.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by veril View Post
I was a customer at Peerless Machines for about 5 months, and had an overall pleasant experience. Their prices were cheap, response times to tickets were fast, and I didn't have any big problems.

My only minor concern was an email I received:

My account was paid for for another 7 months, so I was rather upset at being asked to enter my credit card information or have my account suspended. However, Nick apologized and stated that it wasn't required, but rather recommended to make sure I didn't have a service interruption later when my billing date did come up.

Overall, a pleasant experience, and any problems were resolved quickly.
The whole no-more-PayPal thing was definitely a mistake on our part and for that I do, again, apologize. And, the notices that were sent out (quoted above) sent by a billing rep back from that era were not passed by my desk before being sent out, or they wouldn't have been sent out with that kind of tone.

Concerned about security? Secure, Control & Monitor Access to Your Logins

Last edited by Nick H; 04-15-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
ServerPoint Launches New Cloud VPS Hosting Solution Web Hosting News 2013-07-12 09:20:41
Colocation Provider Peerless Network Opens Data Center in Downtown Chicago Web Hosting News 2012-10-26 15:23:15
Startup Review Signal Mines Twitter for Reliable Web Hosting Reviews Web Hosting News 2012-09-25 15:52:28
VMware Launches Virtualization Software Workstation 9 with Windows 8 Support Web Hosting News 2012-08-24 10:20:33
Cloud Management Firm ScaleXtreme Supports Windows Azure Virtual Machines Web Hosting News 2012-06-07 10:30:05