need backlinks to my site

Whats the best legit way to get maximum number of backlinks to my site? It is NOT a blog

Hi, 1.send your site URL(s) to web directory. 2.attach your site URL during post & reply on forum 3.and more.

Build relations, get to know others in the same "industry". Build up good quality links by affiliating with other websites on a per-site basis. Look for sites that can provide traffic back to your link too, not just a link.

Thanks guys!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

All right all of sudden we cant point to resources to help someone?
    Jaan Kanellis | iNET Interactive

Is it possible to buy (and I mean it: to buy = pay $ for it) quality links? At least for 2-3 months at sites with good PR rating. Any site would fit, except adult, hackers and extremists.
    Any ideas?

Yeah I have no problem paying for quality links, especially if they might bring traffic
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Where do you get quality links? I need them badly, at least for some months.

Quote Originally Posted by maniakaz View Post
    You can try here

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/
    Vishal

Indian Social Bookmarking tweetr.in

In general, here are some more ways to build links:

Directory Submissions
    Blog and Forum participation
    Social Bookmarking
    Press Releases
    Article Marketing
    Link Exchange
    Link Baits

How would you define quality backlinks? For me:
    1. If it brings in targeted traffic
    2. If it help in boosting for SERP
    Either way - keep them targeted and relevant to your niche...
    OneIMS.com - Internet Marketing and SEO

In general, here are some more ways to build links:

Directory Submissions
    Social Bookmarking
    Press Releases
    Article Marketing
    Link Exchange
    Link Baits
    I am totally agreed with mrcat what he provide that is all is best.

12. I absolutely agree with websushil. We also should not forget that:
    - it's good to have external and internal links related to the content of your website at least for Google
    - don't pay much attention to the PR of the page, it can't guarantee that you'll get higher position in search engines, just a better PR for your page
    - try to find an expert website whom google trusts and that has lots of links to relevant website
    - check on the pricing for paid link from other companies, sometimes they ask for too much
    - get some info about the traffic of the website that'll have link to your one, you can get more prospects and not just better ranking
    - use your keywords as an anchor text for the backlinks

bum marketing, directory submissions, press releases and social bookmarking are some of the ways to acquire backlinks...

buying links can be big trouble for you.If the site you are buying from advertises "buy links from me" or if Google knows it to be a site that has been selling links it could lead to they no counting your links.

Get links that will stay,as I beleive google test out several site that start showing big PR backlinks...
    when you start getting close to the top,they will put your site under the microscope and if its not up to snuff,they will let you rank on page 29 in the 899 slot for your keyword.
    Blackhat SEO, only works for a little while

Quote Originally Posted by grace5 View Post
    Blackhat SEO, only works for a little while
    Ah if that were only true grace, but (depending on how you define Blackhat SEO) I can show you several top ranking Blackhat sites who have been up there for years.
    I plan to live forever - so far so good
    Expert SEO |Sash Windows London

Well, I count on a "snow ball" effect:
    1) I buy links from website with high PR, let us say, PR 6-8
    2) I buy more links from websites with medium PR (PR3-4)
    3) No matter what are these websites about - I get higher rating, therefore I got higher on Google search
    4) Once I get higher and higher, people will start to notice me, visit me and there would be first natural backlinks.
    That's all. SOmewhat like pyramide scheme, but I am sure it should work. It must work as it is absolutely logical.
    Directory Submissions
    agree: an option, but once again - not all of these are worth a try
    agree, but there are some problems with forums: some of them are not shown. I put my link in one Lithuanian forum and results are not shown in Google. So, all my work is lost.
    Social Bookmarking
    disagree
    Press Releases
    disagree: should I inform all the world I have put 10 Russian coins to my catalogue? No.
    Article Marketing
    do not fully agree: it's hard to write a quality article, not "jeez I suw Britney and me luvs her"
    Link Exchange
    disagree: sites with high PR won't want to exchange (why should they?) and "bad neighbours" - well, I don't need them. exchange between equal sites won't do much job.
    Link Baits
    what is that?
    Besides, quoting one bad man who ended his life as badly as he lived - it is result of propaganda, not its means, that counts. Once propaganda reaches its target, it's good propaganda; once it fails to reach it's target, it's bad propaganda. The same with SEO: if it helps to reach tops, it's good; if it does not help to reach tops, it's bad.
    Last edited by maniakaz; 04-22-2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: forgot Article Marketing

If Google catches on to your scheme it may not work as they are devaluing paid links as fast as they can find them.

If you don't have a site that is worthy of one or two press releases why bother to promote it??

I know it is risky to buy links from sites that specialize on it. And won't do that: there are people who are less visible, say on second-ranked forum.
    I have created website that is unique in entire region. It has no direct competitors, but there are too many websites with very similiar keywords. I tried to google for bassic keyword. results:
    3, 8, 11 page:
    3 page: link in the forum
    8 page - link to my site's forum
    11 page - my own pretty website.
    In short, I am listed, but no one will ever find me. My website is still unknown, despite that it already has >10 backlinks. Press releases? I did not completely understand how is this done and if it is paid or not. If you run a catalogue with forum, I think it is very difficult to make a press release unless you do some huge job and can tell: today, all US currency added to catalogue. But this can happen once a year. Besides, it may boost visitors - but only temporaly.
    I understand my scheme has weak sides - but I must break through competitors. And if I break, no one will ever ask me how did I do that. Winners are not to be judged, after all.

but there are too many websites with very similiar keywords. I tried to google for bassic keyword.
    Get keywords you can get traffic for.

Going after the bigtime keywords can be very diffcult.

Its going to be kinda hard to compete money wise with big corporate sites, or even a fortunate webmaster that is now ranking good for those same keywords.

Its possible if you have lots of cash to throw at it for an extent peroid of time.It also takes time for those links to take effect.

Can you pay for a year at a time? If so you need to as Google will only sandbox ya ,if links come on too quick and then try to bleed you out.I know I am there now. But thankful its not paid links.

A way is to write useful articles. People who like your articles might blog about it, and link back to you. =)

The problem is in one nice word:
    usefull
    It's good if you write something popular (if you have webhosting company of any popular artist website). What about site like mine (about public transportation tickets in Lithuania)? I may post about prices etc...will it be useful? For some people - yes. Maybe 5, maybe 10, not more.
    It's one thing. The other is, people can place backlinks on low ranking blogs. As for begining, when my site is PR-0, it's ok. But if their blog is PR-1 and my site one day becomes PR-2, these links may be bad for me, may stop my popularity.
    Besides, is there any way to know about blogs with certain keywords sorted by PR rating?

It's one thing. The other is, people can place backlinks on low ranking blogs. As for begining, when my site is PR-0, it's ok. But if their blog is PR-1 and my site one day becomes PR-2, these links may be bad for me, may stop my popularity.
    Where id you get this idea from?

Besides, is there any way to know about blogs with certain keywords sorted by PR rating?
    I am sorry I have no idea what this means.

As for begining, when my site is PR-0, it's ok. But if their blog is PR-1 and my site one day becomes PR-2, these links may be bad for me, may stop my popularity.
    Your PageRank won't be reduced just because someone with a lower pagerank link to you.

*incrediblehelp
    I want to find the most high-ranked blogs dedicated to things that interests me. For example, I may want to know which blogs about public transportation have the highest PR rating. Is there any way to do so?

Have you just searched Google for them?

@ maniakaz...

Blog and Forum participation - Try Yahoo Site Explorer to see a more accurate result of your backlinks
    Social Bookmarking - Why not? SB sites have been contibuting well to linkbuilding. You do this either for SEO or drawing direct traffic
    Press Releases - Again, this is a good way to draw traffic - although its only for a limited period of time.
    Article Marketing - I would agree with you as this is only for those who are really adept in writing articles.
    Link Exchange - If you have good and useful content, even a higher PR site would link to you. Its about relevance of what your site offers.
    Link Baits - As long as it serves its purpose - getting traffic and being able to attract other sites to link to your site. A link you get out of this - no matter how weak it maybe, would still help in SEO. Keeping your link bait related to your niche also helps in drawing targeted traffic.

Back to the blogs: tried Google. Some 5-6 hundred blogs with very strict search "keyword+keyword+keyword". It would take too much time to know which one is PR-0 and which one - PR-8.
    Registered at digg.com, will try to write an article and see how does it affect my website.
    Thanks for advice -will try to promote my new website (I am at 8th page on Google search: not bad, but not too good).

I am at 8th page on Google search: not bad, but not too good
    It takes time and some more quality backlinks... You'll soon get your spot....

Well, the fun thing happens with my backlinks. My Awstatus makes one list with links from some 10 websites. Not too good, not too bad. Now, the real fun: Yahoo finds about 200 backlinks and almost all are from one forum (I have adress in my sig) - some existing backlinks are just lost

Why the obsession with the PR of blogs?? Many popular blogs have their comment links no-followed so if its gaining PR from blog links you may be disappointed.

If on the other hand you are actually interested to read the blogs then the PR has no relevance at all.

It takes a lot of work to build links. I'm having my own troubles with that. But keep at it and make it a daily adventure to make your sites better. Eventually, the linklove will come.
    BestVPSReviews.com - KnownHost VPS? Liquid Web VPS? See my personal experience with these hosts.
    Best Web Hosting - The Best Web Hosting Deals and News

Quote Originally Posted by maniakaz
    Yahoo finds about 200 backlinks and almost all are from one forum (I have adress in my sig) - some existing backlinks are just lost
    Did you check manually whether those backlinks (that were not showing in Yahoo) are still existent on the web?

Well, I know my website is listed in 2 Lithuanian online catalogues: in fact, I've got visitor from there. These links does exist.Two links lost.
    2 links ( 1 to site, toher to forum) at one social site: not listed in Yahoo.
    at least 2 links at webproworld: not listed in Yahoo.
    several link on one Lithuanian forum (mainly visited by people from 9 to 13 years old): not listed in Yahoo.
    Other forum, ranked highly on Google - my topic "rate my site" - not listed in Yahoo.
    Webhostingtalk: many links, no listed in Yahoo.
    Online auction: not listed in Yahoo.

So,many links are lost and they are not in trash sites. I did not (mainly to financial reasons) purchase any backlink.

Well, I know my website is listed in 2 Lithuanian online catalogues: in fact, I've got visitor from there. These links does exist.Two links lost.
    2 links ( 1 to site, toher to forum) at one social site: not listed in Yahoo.
    at least 2 links at webproworld: not listed in Yahoo.
    several link on one Lithuanian forum (mainly visited by people from 9 to 13 years old): not listed in Yahoo.
    Other forum, ranked highly on Google - my topic "rate my site" - not listed in Yahoo.
    Webhostingtalk: many links, no listed in Yahoo.
    Online auction: not listed in Yahoo.

So,many links are lost and they are not in trash sites. I did not (mainly to financial reasons) purchase any backlink.
    That is a bit strange... Any chance the sites you mentioned were de-indexed in Yahoo? Penalized perhaps? Or maybe they adjusted their site so as not to entertain Yahoo bots?

Weird
    Both sites *are* indexed for my another, PR-4 website. These are Lithuanian webiste online catalogues.
    Maybe it is just a matter of time and they will add this later?

Lightbulb

hello dear,

This is the best way to do link building

The best thing is to search in Google "Hosting Blogs" change hosting ( without quotes ) to your keyword related to your site and the open any URL and find the good post which is related to your website and enter a post there like this

Name: $your websites most popular keyword
    E-mail: $your email

Message: Enter a brief description of what is your site and how is that useful do not add link in message 1 link is sufficient.

All the best.

With all due respect - isn't it spamming?