Collections Agencies?

All,

I was wondering if any of the web hosts here use any collections agencies and if you do which one do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by RossH View Post
    All,

I was wondering if any of the web hosts here use any collections agencies and if you do which one do you use?
    I have attempted it once in the past for an outstanding debt of $5000 USD and nothing ever came of it.

If I'm not mistaken you're best to find a collection agency in the city/state of the client who owes you money.

Keep in mind that if the client is determined not to pay, a collection agency likely won't do anything to change their mind. Scare tactics really.

XO thinks I owe them $100k+ for service they never installed. Needless to say their collection agency is quite ineffective at collecting this to back up the last poster's sentiments.

I tried USImpact however the company I was pursuing went out of business. I would recommend it for debt of $500 or more.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

CRB Company for the chargebacks. However, most companies will buy the account for pennies on the dollar, so you might want to consider adding administrative fees etc to recoup your money.

For example, a $20.00 loss - the agency might buy it from you for about $2.00. But if you add your fees (i.e. look at what some stores charge for an NSF check), you can usually re-coup your fees.

There are two different kinds as well - one that will buy the account from you and others that will act on your behalf. Now some of these will either talk to you and you might agree that $40.00 is OK for the fee the customer will pay. But if the agency has to call you to say the customer will pay $30 and you are not available, you might lose the customer and have to start all over.

It is usually easier to sell the debt so you won't have anything to do with it.

Of course, if any of the customers use any boards - probably expect them to complain that XYZ company sent them to collections without any warning / notice / problem.

Another thing to keep in mind, anyone can agree to pay a collections agency ANY amount and they must accept. Feel free to prove me wrong on this as I could be mistaken.

Client has an outstanding debt of $50. They can offer to pay $1 a week for 50 weeks.

did you use one of these before? Which one? and did it help?
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com