MotleyFool for hire!

Hiya All,

I am in the process of quitting my job and moving to my farm by the year end.

I had established a hosting company as a life-boat and in the process I have fallen deeply in love with the daemons and tools of Unix...

Even after retiring to my organic farm I would be hosting actively and be involved in WHT since it has become a passion for me now!.

I am offering my services as a remote tech, sysadmin, or help-desk person [I know CPanel/WHM] and FreeBSD, Linux, DNS, Apache and Proftpd

I can handle almost all support or admin requests in a hosting context and what I do not know I can find from docs in a matter of minutes or hours depending on the problem.

I am looking to make not more than a 1000$/mo since

1) I live in India where life is easy and
    2) contentment and humour are my greatest wealth and I am not too keen on accumulating material wealth.

I am open to part-time offers or full time offers or per ticket payment as long as you pay and play fair.

I will accept offers at my discretion [assuming there are going to be some! ] but I will only accept those which I can do justice to.

I want the freedom to continue valai.net which is almost like my own baby and an activity very dear to my heart. I can give you my word of honour that I will not solicit busines from any of your clients I may need to contact .

By any standards, I am very cheap at 1000$/mo because I have 14 years IT consulting experience, have a PhD in Pure Mathematics .

My company charges anywhere between 75$ to 100$ for my time to Fortune 1000 companies but I am tired of living in cities or touring the world or rushing from one meeting to another constantly.

For the last 1 year I have been administering 2 servers [1 FreeBSD and 1 Linux] and my FreeBSD server is on its 196th day of reboot free 100% uptime.

[I dont use a control panel on this and do everything from scratch from the command line]

I prefer to have 2-3 part-time offers than a single client in the interests of risk-distribution!

Please email [email protected] or PM me or post here if you are interested in hiring the Fool!

Cheers
    Balaji
    Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.

I don't think YOU will have a hard time finding a job, from reading your posts you seem to have a clue ]

Good luck

Thanks clockwork! you sure made my day!
    Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.