Tomcat jsp troubles

Hi,

I just installed Tomcat and everything seems to work fine (at least the jsp files) and now a customer asks me where he must put the JAR file and the libraries wich beats me since I don't have experience with JSP and Tomcat.

Do you know where to put these files or where to find docs about this?

The docs are available at http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/index.html

the jar files go inside:

WEB-INF/lib

Dedicated Servers cPanel Shared/Reseller Hosting
    VPS Backups Cloud Colocation Managed Services
    Webx Networks Serving world wide since 1997

There is a little more to supporting JSP than just installing Tomcat. Although a lot of hosts do seem to offer about that level of JSP support.
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Yes, Mark you are right.

Java application servers do not work like plain perl or php

I totally agree with you Mark.

I see some host using the Cpanel Tomcat pluggin. Or they are totally irresponsible offering something that they don't know, or they don't have idea of what are they offering. It didn't surprise me either with all those $99 server guys around here.

BTW, I'm not talking directly for you Domenico, but seems like you fit to this descriptions too.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Jorge,

There is nothing wrong with cPanel. But one must know the inside out of tomcat to successfuly run it on a cpanel server, as on any other server

Another cPanel JSP host

I ran Tomcat in several Cpanel servers.
    What I mean, its that a lot of people because they use the Cpanel plug think that they can offer JSP/Servlets support.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore