Thread: hostmania

Thumbs down hostmania

Well i sent a couple of emails to the sales dept at hostmania but got no replys! So i called them twice and left a voice mail! No Call backs! Have been waiting for 9 days .. no luck .. just thought i would let ppl know .. because you have been talking about it for a while now!

I am a customer with Hostmania and I dont know whats going on as well. Sent in a support ticket, not urgent but it could of been and that was on the posted on 18 Aug 2002 01:50 PM and so far no reply from there support.

What if there was a major problem with my servers and they needed rebooting, I would be up the river without a paddle and sinking as well.

Support is worse than Rackshack and thats saying something.

Come on Chavvon, pull your bloody finger out and get your act together or at least post a few posts saying whats going on.

Happy with the server but hot happy at all with the support.

Brian James
    Deahost

kinda makes you wonder about the 24/7 support thing eh ?

I just called their number and got a voicemail saying I called after hours. Even tho, according to the message I was calling during their operating hours. Seems to me that this company does not have enough employees if that have this many customers. I only show they have 3 employees.

Well i just called Hostmania again! First I tryed the sales dept. got no answer just that they were not around.. not even voice mail.. Second i tryed the Oper ... got no answer ... but that time i got voice mail! And third and finaly option... tech support ... well i got the same thing as the last two .. NOTHING .. people sit here and bash RS due to service .. and to tell you the truth i thought their service sucked too .. but compared with hostmania .. RS is the king of customer service!!

So Two thumbs up for RS ...

and Two Thumbs down for HM

Ever heard of calling 1-866-HOSTMANIA!? 99.9% of the time you will get an answer or at least leave a message and he will call back. Come on people this isn't a place to bash HostMania

Originally posted by TimPD
    Ever heard of calling 1-866-HOSTMANIA!? 99.9% of the time you will get an answer or at least leave a message and he will call back. Come on people this isn't a place to bash HostMania

TimPD,

I did that, i called them more then once and they never called back .. oh and i did leave a message!

Also this place is for talking about Dedicated Hosting! So the comments are valid

Originally posted by TimPD
    Timmay,

Why would you assume they haven't already called that? Seriously.

Troll elsewhere.

Originally posted by clocker1996

Timmay,

Why would you assume they haven't already called that? Seriously.

Troll elsewhere.
    Right on, clocker.

I too have left a message with the 1-866-HOSTMANIA number with a sales question, and was never called back. Understandable, though -- they seem to have a lot of actual customers to deal with before getting to sales
    Last edited by tribby; 08-20-2002 at 03:22 PM.
    Jeremy » jeremy@frontdrive.com
    Front Drive » Advanced multi-domain hosting solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Well, Normally when I call he does. Sorry If I was wrong.. Goodness.

Finally received an answer from there support ticket system a good response time as well 3 days LOL

All I asked was "what was our bandwidth usage as of now"

Answer was:

What are you talking about? is something broke, what is your problem?
    Don't open support tickets for the fun of it. If there's no problem, we throw away the ticket.

what do you need?

CS

Great support I must say.

Im not ammused at all, there servers are fine but the response time regarding email and support is, well !!!!

Make your own mind up.

Originally posted by Deahost
    I am a customer with Hostmania and I dont know whats going on as well. Sent in a support ticket, not urgent but it could of been and that was on the posted on 18 Aug 2002 01:50 PM and so far no reply from there support.

What if there was a major problem with my servers and they needed rebooting, I would be up the river without a paddle and sinking as well.

Support is worse than Rackshack and thats saying something.

Come on Chavvon, pull your bloody finger out and get your act together or at least post a few posts saying whats going on.

Happy with the server but hot happy at all with the support.

Brian James
    Deahost

Now getting this at Hostmania's ordering page:

TransOptics is currently not taking orders in an attempt to serve our existing customers and work out some merchant account issues. Sorry for any inconvenience and we look forward to having our site back online soon. Please contact me direct at chavvon@transoptics.com with any issues.

Sincerely,

Chavvon Smith
    CEO
    TransOptics, Inc.

Ummmmmmm

Deahost, why are you posting multiple copies of the same message in different threads? It isn't helpful to someone like me who subscribe to multiple threads.

By the way, I talked to Chavvon, and he said you were playing with the ticket system (something to the effect of submitting tickets like "is someone here?"), thus his reply.

Peter

Playing with his ticket system I requested support and it took him 4 days to reply from that support ticket with an answer of:

Subject: BQZ-34999: ReBandwidth Usage

Don't open support tickets for the fun of it. If there's no problem, we throw away the ticket.

what do you need?

CS

The question was a simple one: Re: Bandwidth Usage.

What is our current usage.

And that was it and it took him 4 days to reply.

And now you stick you nose in

Originally posted by ckpeter
    Deahost, why are you posting multiple copies of the same message in different threads? It isn't helpful to someone like me who subscribe to multiple threads.

By the way, I talked to Chavvon, and he said you were playing with the ticket system (something to the effect of submitting tickets like "is someone here?"), thus his reply.

Peter

sounds like a one man operation
    if he is the one answering sales emails
    tech support
    helpdesk tickets

Sorry for cross posting. Just wanted to let everyone know that IPayments will not do anything for you. Take care of yourself.
    --

Hello

I have finally received a reply from IPayments regarding my credit card payment.

Just look and see how fun it is.

Mac
    ---
    Thank you for your email,

In regards to HostMania I cannot offer any information as to what their account status is, if you have paid for host service in advance and they cannot provide you with that product/service then you may need to seek some sort of credit.

You will need to get in contact with a HostMania representative regarding the status of your customer account. We have no connection between you and the merchant in regards to webhosting of any kind. We merely process their credit card transactions. If your credit card has been charged then you should be receiving some sort of product/service for your purchase.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help to you but you will need to contact HostMania directly.
    Thank you,

Mary Ann Cabrera
    Merchant Services Supervisor
    iPayment, Inc.
    (800) 324-9825
    maryann.cabrera@ipaymentinc.com
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 12:34 AM
    To: Mary Ann Cabrera; support@ipaymentsinc.com.webkar.net
    Subject: Hostmania/Eservers Problems, Please Advice

Hello

I am Mac from webkar, a web hosting company.

We had ordered a server from hostmania about 3 weeks ago by credit card. Finally after 3 weeks they have informed us that you have closed their account and they are neither able to receive their money nor refund our money.

This has caused a lot of problem for many companies including ours. You can see a thread where some of those companies are discussing about the case at below address:

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...threadid=68951

Anyway I am looking for your advice:

1- Will you pay the money to Hostmania/eservers and we can wait for the service?
    2- You will let them refund our money or you will do it yourself?

Or what? Would you be kind to give us some advice?

It will be great if you can give some comment on the case on WHT (webhostingtalk) too.

I am looking for your advice.

Best Regards,
    Mac
    Webkar Web Solutions

Answer was:

what do you need?
    LOL,
    now thats a riot, I would have canned that joint and did a charge back the second I got a reply like that, after waiting 4 days for it.

Originally posted by demonet

LOL,
    now thats a riot, I would have canned that joint and did a charge back the second I got a reply like that, after waiting 4 days for it.

*chargeback* now days its become a fasion for people to chargeback without any legitimate reason
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Yes and on the other hand I needed support, called CS and he was most helpfull and was on the case within minutes.

FWIW: I opened a ticket this afternoon and had a response and resolution within minutes.

UPdate on Hostmania!

Been talking to CS the past couple of days and asked him for the Truth .. not the Business Bull****! And he gave it to me .. So Two thumbs up for that!

Anyways ... Their order system will be active soon! They just wanted to get caught up on orders .. ( well duh! ) As for ordering when they go active again if you order a server/box that they have in stock it will be active "instant" ( that's CS's words ) If you order a Box that is not ... your looking at two weeks!!! So that's the low down ppl! CS also said sorry for Hostmania not calling and emailing me back he didn't say if he was going to check into it ... but he did say sorry! And that it will never happen again! And it hasn't!!!